• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move ADE authorized book on android to a Kobo device?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If I don't have my laptop with me I would still like to be able to borrow library books (or buy books) directly to my phone and transfer it to my Kobo ereader on the go. SInce I prefer reading books on the ereader.

I have ADE installed on my phone and authorized the phone with the Adobe ID (the same ID I use for my laptop and Kobo ereader). From my phone I can sign in to my local library, download the the DRM protected book to phone and open it/read it in ADE or Bluefire.

Now, instead of reading it on the phone, I would like to transfer/copy it to my Kobo ereader. I connect the ereader to the phone with an OTG cable. I can now see all files on the ereader through the file manager. But the ADE app on the phone doesn't have any option to transfer a book to an external device. Like one do on the laptop in WIndows. So I copied the book file to the ereader, disconnected the ereader and tried open it.  But I then get the message that the  ereader is not authorized to read this file/book. But the ereader is already authorized through ADE on my laptop. With the same Adobe ID account.

So why isn't the ereader considered authorized to open this particular file/book, when it's authorized with the same Adobe ID/account?

Anyone?

I think it's strange that Adobe doesn't offer the option in the Android ADE app to transfer to external device. Like one normally can and do in the Windows ADE app on the computer. Theese days people tend to change to use tablets and phones more to doing things and people are also travelling more.

Please, Adobe, answer my question and, hopefully, have a solution for me 🙂

Thanks

Meddelandet redigerades av: Martin Päres

Meddelandet redigerades av: Martin Päres

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transfer form mobile phone to a ereader are not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. No, I understand that the ADE app on the phone doesn't have the option to transfer to external ereader.

But the downloaded book to the phone is authorized through the ADE app on the phone with the same Adobe account as the ereader is authorized with through the ADE app on the computer.

So why doesn't it work to jst copy the book file to the ereader through file manager on the phone and then just open it in the ereader? Why do I get the message on my ereader that says that it is not authorized for the ereader? The book is authorized through the same Adobe ID as the ereader has been authorized through.

Shouldn't the book be considiered authorized and be able to read on my ereader, when the same Adobe ID has been used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines