• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple version of an individual borrowed library book displays in ADE

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Digital Editions to upload ePUB versions of borrowed library books from OverDrive. A few days ago I attempted to upload a newly borrowed ePUB book on to my Nook and it wouldn't open on the Nook. I can read in on the PC, not the nook.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled ADE, I have unauthorized my nook and my PC and reauthorized the devices to no avail. I have returned the books to the library and I have borrowed them again. I downloaded the new versions and I still see multiple versions of the book and not one of them opens on the Nook. No I receive the message "Loan Token not found."

My husband has a kindle and NEVER has this issue of course he is not forced to use Adobe Digital Editions either.

MY Nook is a model number BNRV300

What I have tried to date:

Unauthorized Nook

Unauthorized PC

Uninstalled ADE

Reinstalled ADE with a new download from Adobe

Authorized PC

Authorized Nook

I deleted the .adobe-digital-editions folder as recommended in a different post.

I have removed all items from the ADE library, however when I launch the ADE program again they all show up again.

I deleted the ePUB files directly off the Nook

I have returned the library book and borrowed it again.

I have powered the nook off and turned it back on and I still receive the  "Loan Token not found" error.

All to no avail!

How do I get ADE working correctly again? Is there a deep uninstall process that removes all know parts of the ADE from my system so a new version can be installed? you can also see how ADE has the wrong book cover for Murder in the Paperback Library.

ADE.PNG

What is going on? I love to read and this is a major problem!!!

Regards,

TwinPalmsHome

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have one of the older Nooks. Not that old but old enough.

The answer to the question I posed is to uninstall the 4.x version of the ADE software and install the version 3.0 of Adobe Digital Editions version.

Adobe what are you doing? This should not be that difficult. I know this is free software, however, any library that provides Overdrive ePUB ebooks is forced to use your software, which may or may not work on any given day.

I own purchased copies of other Adobe software which I use all of the time, so I'm not anti-Adobe. However, be assured I'm done with Adobe Digital Editions! An Amazon Kindle is going on my Christmas list and I'll never have to deal with ADE EVER AGAIN! Hey at least Amazon knows how to deal with electronic digital rights, which can not be said about Adobe's product.

Again, I'm not anti-Adobe, just anti-Digital Editions because it is a faulty piece of software. It appears that because it is provided free there doesn't seem to be any real concern on Adobe's part to make sure it works on all e-readers. I wonder why that is? I mean I'm forced to use it with a Barnes and Noble Nook, I have no other options. Thank goodness Christmas is not that far off!

I know this is freeware but Adobe's reputation suffers because this software is so buggy, get your act together and if people are forced to use your software at least make it work all of the time. I wasted three days of life dealing with this.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines