My ebooks won't open on adobe digital editions

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I did try and deleted the app and downloaded it again. I did accept it on Firewall. I did everything. And still, my ebooks, that I downloaded from an online library won't open. It tries to open them but then it doesn't do anything and I can't even close the program.

I am currently using the newest version on a Mac. I never had this problem on a windows.

It stays like this forever, it doesn't do anything.

Screenshot 2018-07-04 18.05.42.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try deleting the books from the Downloads folder and re-downloading the books from the library site.

When I reinstalled ADE, the timestamp of books I downloaded before were not recognized. Re-downloading took care of the problem for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try a older version of Digital Edition?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have the same problem.  When I try to download a library book ADE get stuck on "Loading Library" and I have to shut down the computer to get the loading dialogue box to go away.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't there any way to get in touch with ADE and get help for the problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines