• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Kindle doesn't appear as a Device

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Kindle Paperwhite and I've downloaded Adobe Digital Editions onto my Mac to be able to read an eBook I borrowed from my library. I'm using the latest version 4.5.11 and have authorised my computer. When I connect my Kindle via USB and open Digital Editions my device does not appear. No combination of plugging/unplugging/restarting/opening/closing gets this to work. Very frustrating as this is the only way for me to read eBooks from my library!

Is there any official support for this app or a way to check version compatability?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get an answer, or find a solution here or elsewhere? I'm struggling with the same problem with both Kindle Reader and a Kindle Fire. There doesn't seem to be any support or useful troubleshooting information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised by the poor support on this issue from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the same problem and there is seemingly no support or clear answer anywhere regarding this. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would love it if someone at Adobe actually responded to this thread...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I'm very close to buying a Kobo so I don't have to deal with this software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, I actually start checking the price of kobo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem and disappointed that the topic isn't being adressed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  Very disappointing this doesn't work with my Houston Public Libary borrowed ebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in that I also have this issue and would like a response from Adobe. It's been years with more people saying they have the same issue and no resolution or suggestion yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. Veryfrustrating that a common device such as a Jindle is not recognised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindle!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. My wife has a Kobo and ... no problem. Looks like a Kobo for Christmas ... shame Adobe can't be bothered to respond to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is there no response from Adobe here? hello Adobe Service team, can you hear us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this same situation. My goal was simply to get an epub from the library onto my Kindle Paperwhite. What ended up working finally was skipping Adobe Digital Editions entirely and using Amazon's "send to Kindle" service: https://www.amazon.com/sendtokindle No extra software, no cables; just drag and drop and wait for Kindle to sync. It may not work for all situations and people, but I thought I'd share in case it's helpful to someone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  Mac version, doesn't recognize my Kindle paperwhite.  Not finding answers anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wasn't working for me either no matter what I tried. In the end I used my adobe ID to deDRM the file and added it to kindle using calibre. This is the plugin I added to calibre to do this: https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools/releases/download/v10.0.9/DeDRM_tools_10.0.9.zip

Once added I went into the customize plugin options in calibre and added the adobe key, after which I was able to add the book to calibre. Since calibre was able to detect my kindle it wasn't an issue, but you could also send it manually using amazon.com/sendtokindle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me when nothing else would. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. I've tried this but cannot figure out what the Adobe key is and how to enter it for this Obok plugin in Calibre. Besides, it seems that this plugin is for Kobo. Could you clarify the steps and inputs for me? I'd really appreciate it because I really want to utilize and enjoy my Kindle at this point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines