• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Mac's Digital Editions doesn't see my iPad nor iPhone's Digital Editions

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mac's Digital Editions doesn't see my iPad nor iPhone's Digital Editions.   When I run it, there is no "Devices" spot.

I was wondering if it may not be logged into my account as my devices are.    But I don't see any logon option on my Mac's Digital Editions.   I see lots of books that I have loaded onto my Mac's Digital Editions, but none of them show up on my iPad or iPhone.

I updated my Mac's Adobe Digital Editions, and that didn't help.

I'd like all of my books to show up on my devices.

What's my next step?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The function that you can see the reader only for eBook Reader and not for mobile Apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand your reply.   Are there stand-alone Digital Edition devices that my Mac's Digital Edition could see if I had them?

Why do I have a login with my Digital Edition apps on my iPhone and iPad, but can't find one with my Digital Editions on my Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The authoirze its need to open the eBooks.

Why the Digital Edition on your desktop not found your mobile appe. No Idea. Ask the creater of the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, right now my Mac's Adobe Digital Editions has hundreds of books that I loaded on it.   I see that it is authorized for an account with my email address and an Adobe ID.

On my devices, I have an account with the same e-mail address (although it is displayed as all upper-case), with Auto Download ENABLED.    But no books are visible.   I can drag books from into the file section of my Mac's iTunes into this app, but I don't think that's the way this is supposed to work.   Why would I need to log on if that was the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unauthorized and reauthorized my Mac's Adobe Digital Editions, as suggested OverDrive | How to authorize Adobe Digital Editions ... , but it still doesn't see any devices.   I also deauthorized and re-authorized the DIgital Editions app on my iPad using the same ID and password.   I refreshed my iPad and still don't see any books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep going through Adobe web pages, but I'm not finding how to contact the creator for help.

I still have my Mac's Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 with 652 books, with my iPad and iPhone's Adobe Digital Editions with zero books and Auto Download Enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted Digital Editions from my iPad and reinstalled it.    Now I was able to enter my ID and password and can now see the books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought it was working.   But my iPad's Digital Editions app shows 6 books.   My Mac's Digital Editions has hundreds of books.   I deauthorize and authorize both with the same ID and password and nothing changes.   My iPad has Auto Download enabled.   Reader for Mac has the same userID & password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines