Highlighted

Mystery Adobe ID

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently accessed a University ebook site called Proquest.  I had to create an account and then in order to read the ebook, I had to download Adobe Digital Editions (version 4.5) onto my laptop.  In that process, I was never asked to create an Adobe account.  I can access the book no problem, however, reading from my laptop isn't comfortable.  As such, I decided to access the document via Proquest from my iPad.  In order to do that, I had to download an App by the name of BlueFire Reader.  In that process, it asked me to set up an Adobe Account which I did.  However, when I attempted to download the book from the site to the App on my iPad the following message appeared:

This application is authorized with the following user accounts:

resolvecrc@gmail.com (AdobeID).

This item was originally downloaded with a different user account or Adobe ID. To continue, please add that account.

I have attempted to find out through Adobe what the other user account/ID is for the desktop version and they have not been able to help me.  Nowhere in the desktop version is there any way to access what the user account/ID is. I have tried all other email addresses I have to which the response is that Adobe doesn't recognize them.  I have reached out to Proquest and they have not yet responded.

Any advice folks????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mystery Adobe ID

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently accessed a University ebook site called Proquest.  I had to create an account and then in order to read the ebook, I had to download Adobe Digital Editions (version 4.5) onto my laptop.  In that process, I was never asked to create an Adobe account.  I can access the book no problem, however, reading from my laptop isn't comfortable.  As such, I decided to access the document via Proquest from my iPad.  In order to do that, I had to download an App by the name of BlueFire Reader.  In that process, it asked me to set up an Adobe Account which I did.  However, when I attempted to download the book from the site to the App on my iPad the following message appeared:

This application is authorized with the following user accounts:

resolvecrc@gmail.com (AdobeID).

This item was originally downloaded with a different user account or Adobe ID. To continue, please add that account.

I have attempted to find out through Adobe what the other user account/ID is for the desktop version and they have not been able to help me.  Nowhere in the desktop version is there any way to access what the user account/ID is. I have tried all other email addresses I have to which the response is that Adobe doesn't recognize them.  I have reached out to Proquest and they have not yet responded.

Any advice folks????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 06, 2019 0

Have something to add?