• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New windows install - problems with adobe digital editions

Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did a complete clean reinstall of windows, on a computer with previously installed adobe digital editions 4.5 and a library of about 40 books. After reinstalling both windows and adobe digital editions, some books stopped opening, showing an error: "Error getting license. License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER".

I've looked through the help pages, but the only option there really is to choose from, is pressing Help and "Erase authorization". I'm unsure what this does to all the books that do still work, because it would be a pain having to get all of them authorized anew individually.

How should I go about this?

Best regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes I have and unfortunately it doesn't offer a solution in my case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have done that. It appears that ADOBE has given me two accounts (different urn:uuid: ) with the same email address... I cant actually reach adobe by phone because they don'd support ADE that way.

Some books are from Wiley and I will chase this down through them

Some are from other publishers, and I will chase them down when I know the publisher.

Some I have the  .acsm file that tells me the operator URL (lightningsource.com, ebooks.com, etc--ebooks.com has fixed the items I bought from them, but I can't reach lightningsource.com or some of the others. Some of these others are intermediaries betweem me and the original seller.

I have some that only exist as ADE PDFs that I CAN read on my other PC (with a different urn:uuid)

I have thousands of dollars of books that I paid for that I can't put on my new PC. Is there any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines