• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No turning pages

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Adobe digital editions 4.5.11. No matter what I do it does not turn pages!!!
TOPICS
Install ADE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue - no other suggestions have seemed to work. The only thing I've found that works is when you change pages, to change the zoom in the top-right (e.g., switch from 'fit to page' to 'fit width') and the display changes (and then just change back to whichever zoom you prefer). It's worked for me for a few pages, but haven't used consistently yet. 

As far as I'm concerned this product is trash - to have to do this for every page is incredibly inconvenient and will take so much time and effort. But so far is working out of pure necessity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you received any resolution ofr this. I have a 4.5.11 installed on one device and it works fine (Windows Surface 3) and installed it on a new Windows pc and it dows not work. Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem. Is there any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with a new Windows laptop (64 bit), my old machine had 4.5.10 which worked fine (32bit version). Both machines have the latest Windows updates, I haven't tried updating my old machine to see whether this has the same problem.   Hopefully someone will have a fix for this otherwise I'll be looking for a new ereader app.  I'm using locally stored ebooks downloaded from the likes of Feedbook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I loaded 4.5.11 on an new HP laptop and I have no functionality. In fact, I have uninstalled it and installed an older version, which previously worked fine, and that doesn't work either. What is interesting is that I am a freelancer who checks ebook files (.epub) for a publisher and I found that files based on the epub2 standard are the ones that are problematic. Files based on the newer epub3 standard work just fine. I wonder if Adobe did something inadvertently that is now causing problems with the epub2 files. Sorry I don't have a solution but just reporting what I discoverd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your text about the different epub versions is interesting for me as I thought there were some ebooks I could read with ADE without any problems. I think that it hadn't something to do with my new laptop, because with the old one, it work for a long time and then the problems started sometimes, but not with every book.

I'm sorry if there are any mistakes in my text. I'm German and not really used to talk about such subjects in English :-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's OK, your English is just fine. I saw the notice at the top of this forum page about a security problem, urging people to download the newest version so I wonder if this newest version somehow disables earlier versions of the software using epub2. It's a very big problem. Well nice to meet you and chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded this to use with my local library downloads on a new Dell laptop.   I can't get it to scroll or page while reading.    If I move the scroll to another page, close the app , reopen and click read the book again it give me a new page.

I can't even transfer a book to my kindle since it is not supported with Canadian Libaries. 

Step up to the plate Adobe and fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have discussed about this issue with Adobe IT Support through email, and I got two suggestions: I was advised to use my mobile devices to read the ebooks (as I told them it works well with my cellphone), which was not I want, and I was like," Are you kidding me? I was asking for a solution to help me fix up the tech-issue of this trash but telling me to switch to other devices ; the second suggestion was gave me a link--- link to Google Play Books website to see if it works through downloading the ebook onto it,  and I tried but not working either. 

There's no way to solve this problem yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for telling us, what the IT Support suggested to you. It's good to know that there is no solution, even if it's not good that there is none.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried their IT support as well and was told they don't provide support for Adobe Digital Editions, I guess because it's free but they did something to this software. I can tell you that Amazon Kindle Previewer is free software and you should be able to open your epubs on any computer with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, well I've uninstalled ADE and am using Calibre instead.  I wanted something which gave me a library and the ability to view epubs which I've downloaded from free sources like Feedbooks.  It seems to work and there's no sign of any 'adware'.  Hopefully Adobe will get around to fixing ADE in due course and maybe I'll switch back as Calibre has a bunch of unwanted functionality and looks busy compared to ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you guys fixed the problem? I downloaded it for English class, but no matter I pre-installed it hundred times, I still can't turn pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up trying to get it working and I’ve downloaded Calibre instead. Hopefully Adobe will pick-up on this and fix ADE at some point.

Regards, Ed & Wendy Webb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work on my new HP PC. I had decided to keep my 6 year old Toshiba as a backup. It works perfectly on that one!!?? Maybe something to do with security hardware or settings.

BTW, I also downloaded Digital Editions to my phone. It was impossible to enlarge the text of the book I'm reading to sufficient size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too, being unable to turn pages. I don't know what to do about it, as I need to use ADE for a textbook I need for an online university course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its a case of needing a digital content licence would Overdrive work for you? If you don’t need a content licence, then, there are plenty of alternative readers including Calibre.

Regards, Ed & Wendy Webb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As far as I am concerned, there is no way to fix this problem. I suggest
you contact your school and require them to look at this issue and find a
solution for you. It’s their responsibility anyway. I had contacted my
school and they gave me the exact same book but in different platform.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a question about the expired digital certificate (February 2021) on the ADE version I was going install on my laptop.  The chat support person informed me that ADE has been discontinued and there is no longer any support for the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11/18/2021

Adobe Digital Editions still lacks the essential feature of turning pages. Unbelieveable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on iPadOS, version 15.1;

• the issue appears as if the page number is turning and the sliding page animation, but even if the page number increases, the page remains the same.

• only work-around is  force quitting the app and opening it up again. It works for a few page turns, then the problem reappears in the same manner.

• app version 4.5.11.187480 (lastest available as of Nov 20)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. The pages are not turning. A representative of Adobe should respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem. ProQuest suggested following these steps and it worked: unauthorize, uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reauthorize.

I could turn the pages after I followed the steps above. I have Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Would you mind giving more details on your solution ?

I don't understand how you unauthorize and app and how it influences the page turning anamation later.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines