Highlighted

Nook Glowlight Issue: "Error opening book. This book has been returned."

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue reading library books on my Nook Glowlight 3. I bought the Nook last year and have had ADE 4.5.10 the whole time. I've read tons of library books and haven't had any issues. All of a sudden I am unable to open the epub files on my nook because they are saying they're returned. I can open the files in ADE on my computer and in the Libby Library app so I know they haven't been returned accidentally. The only information I can find on this error is from 2015 so I'm hesitant to download an earlier version of ADE since the 4.5 version has been working for over a year without any problems. The issue is occuring for ebooks I've had on hold and ebooks I've borrowed immediately (I've tested a few). Anyone have some newer information on how to deal with this error? Or contact information for Adobe DE? I tried calling the regular Adobe Customer Service number and they had no idea what DE even is. -_- 

TOPICS
Nook

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Nook Glowlight Issue: "Error opening book. This book has been returned."

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue reading library books on my Nook Glowlight 3. I bought the Nook last year and have had ADE 4.5.10 the whole time. I've read tons of library books and haven't had any issues. All of a sudden I am unable to open the epub files on my nook because they are saying they're returned. I can open the files in ADE on my computer and in the Libby Library app so I know they haven't been returned accidentally. The only information I can find on this error is from 2015 so I'm hesitant to download an earlier version of ADE since the 4.5 version has been working for over a year without any problems. The issue is occuring for ebooks I've had on hold and ebooks I've borrowed immediately (I've tested a few). Anyone have some newer information on how to deal with this error? Or contact information for Adobe DE? I tried calling the regular Adobe Customer Service number and they had no idea what DE even is. -_- 

TOPICS
Nook

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue after having many books loaded successfully in the past, as recent as a few months ago.  Has anyone figured out what the problem is yet?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get the solution to this issue from my local library and it worked for me:

These errors typically occur if there's a problem with your NOOK's authorization. You should be able to fix the issue by resetting the Adobe credentials on your NOOK using a computer.

Note:
These steps don't work for the NOOK GlowLight Plus, which is authorized differently than other NOOKs.

Note: We recommend always using the latest version of Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).

1. Open Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).
  2. Make sure your computer is authorized with an Adobe ID or an OverDrive account.
    In ADE, go to Help > Authorization Information.

Note: If this option is grayed out, please authorize your computer before continuing.

The authorization window will open and show you what credentials you're currently using for your computer.

3. Close ADE and wait a few moments.
  4. Reset the ADE folder on your NOOK.
    • Connect your NOOK to your computer.
    • Go to [My] Computer and open the drive associated with your device (likely named Device (X:), where X is the drive letter).
    • Locate the .adobe-digital-editions folder and delete it.
  5. Open ADE, then try transferring the ebook again. You may need to disconnect and reconnect your NOOK for it to appear in ADE.
  6. After the transfer, disconnect your NOOK. You should now be able to read the ebook on your device.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thank you for posting this solution. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 0