I've been able to get my library books (borrowed via my Overdrive account) onto my Nook Glowlight. However, when I go to open then on my Nook it asks me for an adobe id and password (even though going through settings shows that it's already been authorized). When I put in the correct information (I checked multiple times) it just goes back to the screen asking me to enter log in and password. Help!
I am having the same problem. I've authorized and deauthorized my Nook Glowlight multiple times. ADE claims that the device is authorized and shows the uuid that corresponds to my Overdrive account. However, when I try to open the book on my Nook Glowlight, it asks for an Adobe ID and Password. As near as I can figure out, the Glowlight isn't recognizing anything that isn't a pure Adobe account. (Overdrive accounts are technically hosted by a vendor, not Adobe.) I looked at the activation.xml file from my old Nook (where this worked) and it looks like the Glowlight might need some more information (i.e., a license key) in order to make it work that ADE doesn't seem to be generating. Did you ever figure out this problem? Or has someone else?
Update: Sucess! It's just a silly thing with managing your Overdrive and Adobe ID account that seems to be some sort of holdover from times of yore. You now no longer need your Overdrive account to be logged onto ADE for your books to work. Here's how to get things working.
1) If you're logged into ADE with your Overdrive account, go to Help -> Erase Your Authorization. Enter your Vendor ID (the email associated with your Overdrive account) and password. Click "Erase Your Device" and then "Ok" when prompted.
2) Go online and create an Adobe ID on their website (https://www.adobe.com/#).
3) Go back to ADE and authorize your computer with that account.
4) Go to your Nook Glowlight. Under Settings go to My Account, then Adobe DRM Settings. Log on with your shiny new Adobe ID.
5) Log on to Overdrive with your usual Overdrive account. Download whatever ebook you want in epub format.
6) Open the ebook in ADE in the usual way. Before you do that, make sure your computer is authorized with the correct account.
7) Close ADE.
8) Plug your Nook Glowlight in.
9) IMPORTANT: Delete the Digital Editions folder in your Nook. (I also delete the .adobe-digital-editions folder, but I'm not sure that's necessary.) You will have to do this every time. If you already have books on there from previous ADE downloads, you will need to reload them or you'll get a "Book already returned" error message.
10) Eject your Nook.
11) Plug your Nook Glowlight in and open ADE.
12) Re-authorize your device, if necessary. (I never got the prompt to and everything worked fine. I assume it's now handled on the Nook itself.) Transfer books to your Nook Glowlight as usual.
13) Eject your Nook.
Lots of steps but it does work! I hope this helps!