• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nook simple touch, error book returned, Loan not on record

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to use my Nook simple touch since it's not  backlit and it's easy to carry around. I used Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 in the last couple of months successfully. I download books from NY Public LIbrary in ePub format (.acsm) to my Windows 10 pc. Clicking the downloaded file opens ADE, the book opens in ADE. After I attach my Nook, I can copy the book over to my device, after the transfer eject the Nook and read. This week after I transfer the book and try to open on the Nook I get:
Error Dialog This book has been returned. Loan not on record.

I checked my authorization and both my PC and my nook are authorized with the same Adobe ID. I tried reauthorizing my PC. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling ADE after using REGEDIT to remove the ADEPT folder. Same message.

After several hours, I successfully used Overdrive on my Samsung Nook to take out 2 of the books but I really prefer to use the Simple Touch Nook and i have several other books I want to read on there.

AdobeCare, can you help?

TOPICS
ACSM files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

New problem and error message, Error Dialog "Loan token not found."

I erased and reauthorized my computer and re-downloaded the book. Same error. Also, book is now appearing in my Files instead of Books on my Simple Touch.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you try to reauthorize ADE >> Download the book again and then t transfer to NOOK?

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reinstall ADE because I uninstalled it last night. I then eraased my authorization, and re-authorized. I downloaded a new book from NYPL and now I get error message on my PC "Unable to download Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hold on! I just downloaded a totally new book and successfully transferred it and now a couple of the other books i had previously downloaded are opening! let me check some more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be working now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New problem and error message, Error Dialog "Loan token not found."

I erased and reauthorized my computer and re-downloaded the book. Same error. Also, book is now appearing in my Files instead of Books on my Simple Touch.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you try to de-authorize > uninstall ADE again > clear the registry entry and install the latest version?

To clear registry:

• Go to Run > Regedit.
  • HKey-CURRENT USER/software/Adobe/Adept
  • Rename Adept folder.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This didn't work. I renamed the Adept folder (Adept2) and did the other

steps. Reauthorized my pc and re-downloaded book. Error is "Loan Token Not

Found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines