Highlighted

Oops! This document couldn't be opened.

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very frustrated with Adobe Digital Editions at this time.  When trying to read a book from my library on my ereader (Kobo Glo) I continue to get the message "Oops! This document couldn't be opened.  This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM) and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID.  Please sign-in with the authorized Adobe ID and try again."

I have followed all of the instructions and I have even reinstalled the app onto my computer.  When I check the authorization it is attached to my library card.  Can someone please help me.  I have several books checked out at this time and cannot read them on my ereader.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Oops! This document couldn't be opened.

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very frustrated with Adobe Digital Editions at this time.  When trying to read a book from my library on my ereader (Kobo Glo) I continue to get the message "Oops! This document couldn't be opened.  This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM) and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID.  Please sign-in with the authorized Adobe ID and try again."

I have followed all of the instructions and I have even reinstalled the app onto my computer.  When I check the authorization it is attached to my library card.  Can someone please help me.  I have several books checked out at this time and cannot read them on my ereader.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 18, 2014 2
Participant ,
Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the error says, you need to use the same Adobe ID with which you downloaded the book. Re authorize your reader with the proper Adobe ID. Hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2014 1
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I have reauthorized and it still doesn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2014 4
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

javastop‌ Were you ever able to solve the problem on your own? I'm stuck in the same predicament right now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - its almost a year later and I still cannot successfully read a book on by ereader.  I have followed all of the instructions and it still doesn't work.  Would be nice if 1) someone from Adobe would answer my posts and 2) have a product that can actually be used.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2016 2
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really wish someone would address this issue.  I have reloaded everything and all my passwords/Adobe ID match.  Can someone from Adobe please respond?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2014 1
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE WILL NOT RESPOND THEY ALWAYS SEND YOU TO FORUMS INSTEAD-hows that for customer service.?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was plenty ticked when they did that to me too. I couldn't believe there wasn't a phone number to call for help.  But I suppose I understand that their support staff could easily be overwhelmed by people asking questions about a free product.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2016 1
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I STILL cannot read my ebooks as I continue to get this message.  My local library has also been trying to help me but NO ONE will answer us.  I am so thoroughly frustrated with Adobe Digital Editions - will someone from Adobe please help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2014 0
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am haaving exacrly same issue andfrankly i dont think its an adobe issue. i think its Kobo. i have had same issue with two kobo readeras. never had the problem with any other device

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2019 0
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please mention the exact steps that you followed?

Did you fulfill the book on Kobo and then try to open it in Digital Editions or the other way round?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2014 0
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other way around.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2014 0
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Kobo glo you are using, using the same Adobe ID that your Digital Editions application is using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2014 0
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the advice on a similar post:  Factory reset your kobo.  Go to menu icon on top right of kobo screen.  Click settings.  Click Device Info.  Click Factory Reset.  Worked for me too.  Good luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2014 0