• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening adobe digital editions on Windows 10

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening adobe digital editions on windows 10. Version 3.0, 4.o.3 and 4.5 were working fine and now it will not open. Library keeps loading but program will not open

TOPICS
Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
same problem as you. By creating against another user, then installing adobe digital editions 4.5, it opens correctly. It is certainly a problem with the main account but I can not find where.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2015 Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  I am having the same problem. It was working fine a couple of weeks ago. Now, when I click the ADE icon on my desk top, it appears to try to open but nothing happens. I need this to read some school books. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2016 Feb 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and Adobe doesn't have a solution! Clearly this is a problem. ADE 3.0 worked fine, 4.5 doesn't. It won't load and ADE Digital sits there all day for hours trying to open but never does. It won't load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue today as well, and it started completely out of the blue.  I ended up renaming the My Digital Editions folder to something else then reopened the program.  It opened right away.  I was then able to go to Add to Library, navigate to the old folder, and add what I wanted back in.  Hope this helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a genius!!!!!!!! That did it!!! Thank you!! hahaha so simple yet Adobe/ MSFT couldn't figure it out (dummies). THANK YOU!!!! I suppose it was a "program" made on another windows platform and Adobe or Microsoft didn't fix this bug. Amazing!!! Just give the file a new name and it works!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL that was shortlived. It worked for a day. Not your fault, your solution did work. But now Digital Editions opens but nothing shows up in the library and I could add 1 book but then it stopped. Now it just opens to a pretty much blank page. ADE and MSFT needs to FIX THIS GIANT BUG. I am glad I kept my Windows 7 Laptop (that I will NEVER EVER upgrade to windows 10) bc the Digital Editions works the way its supposed to on that computer so I now use that for my NOOK library. I give up! If I didnt have the other computer I would be screwed. FIX THIS ADOBE TO WINDOWS 10 and stop relying on the community to do so. Clearly this is a giant BUG in the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Adobe have not really fixed anything. here we are in May 2018 and suddenly this problem struck my ADE  Thanks to your suggestion, I was able to get it going again in a fashion … all veryhelpful … thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it´s true. It´s happens to me to...I solve doing that:

Hey guys,

Sometimes on Windows 10 using ADE 4.5 becomes frozen and it isn´t possible to click the buttons, so I can´t use it. I fixed that going to "My digital Editions" and deleting the content in all the folders. Then open ADE again and everything works right, the problem is that you will lose what you got there, but you can make a copy before just in case.

First time I installed ADE 4.5 it´s happened to me and doing what I explained here the problem was fixed (I was using ADE 3.0 before, so "My digital editions" have a lot of files there)

Good luck!

Juan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up b/c this worked only once. I am lucky that I have my laptop with Windows 7 that I 100% WILL NOT upgrade to windows 10. The windows 7 computer opens ADE seemlessly as it should. So now I use that for my Nook files and upload my Nook from that. I shouldn't have to be dealing with this as its a BUG in Windows 10 to ADE or ADE to Windows 10. Either way it's a BUG and I'm tired of dealing with it. I can't even open my hotmail / outlook email on Internet Explorer! LMAO go figure I have to use a competitors web browser (Firefox) to open their (Microsoft) own product (hotmail). What a joke. I suspect this will be fixed in the MONTHS to come, but now I just work around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem: since I upgraded to W10 Pro, ADE doesn't even pop up its window.  I have tried:

• uninstalling V4.5.0 and reinstalling 4.5.2. No joy.
  • deleting the My Digital Editions directory and running ADE in admin mode.  Directory gets recreated, but the ADE window never comes up. No joy
  • because the window doesn't come up,  I can't deauthorize and reauthorize. No Joy.
  • I have tried running in toubleshoot mode. No joy.

Since has been a known problem since February.  Is anybody home at Adobe? There is no phone support and the Community Forums don't have any solid fix.  Who is Adobe's real customer in the book industry? .asm DRM is busted. Someone should be concerned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I converted to Win 10 and downloaded again Digial Editions 3.0.1:

Adobe Digital Editions downloads

I was asked if I wanted that the dowloaded file repairs the old one to which I said yes and all is back to normal..1

Hope it works for you as well. Fingers crossed!

Rgds. T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe have plans to fix this anytime soon?

We've had 3 different dissatisfied customers in one week.

"A complete disaster", one of them said.

Should we recommend they use ADE 3.0 instead?

Adobe Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried loading up 3.0 edition and get this message:

Would be nice if Adobe would answer every ones concerns and a time frame on when the fix will be installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

He conseguido abrir adobe digital editions 4.5.10 por fin:

He entrado en Archivos de programa -> Adobe -> adobe digital editions y he cambiado el nombre del archivo "My digital editions" y ¡voila!, ha funcionado.

Espero que os ayude

Saludos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines