Highlighted

Overdrive downloads .acsm - ADE changes it to .epub.

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Overdrive to borrow books from the library and ADE 3.0, as required by Nook, to side load the borrowed book to my Nook. Yesterday I download a book. In the Download folder, it shows as a .acsm file type. I double click on the download and ADE opens and fulfills the book; I can read the book in ADE. I look in File Explorer in My Digital Editions folder and the file type has been changed to .epub. I can move it to my Nook and I see the title in my Nook folder as an .epub. Of course, I can't open it on my Nook because it needs to be .acsm. I am using Windows 10

Things I have done:

• Uninstall/reinstall ADE 3.0
  • Unauthorized/reauthorize Nook
  • Ran CCleaner file registry cleaner
  • Ensured that .acsm and .epub file types are associated with ADE

Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Overdrive downloads .acsm - ADE changes it to .epub.

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Overdrive to borrow books from the library and ADE 3.0, as required by Nook, to side load the borrowed book to my Nook. Yesterday I download a book. In the Download folder, it shows as a .acsm file type. I double click on the download and ADE opens and fulfills the book; I can read the book in ADE. I look in File Explorer in My Digital Editions folder and the file type has been changed to .epub. I can move it to my Nook and I see the title in my Nook folder as an .epub. Of course, I can't open it on my Nook because it needs to be .acsm. I am using Windows 10

Things I have done:

• Uninstall/reinstall ADE 3.0
  • Unauthorized/reauthorize Nook
  • Ran CCleaner file registry cleaner
  • Ensured that .acsm and .epub file types are associated with ADE

Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 14, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normal. If you open a ACSM File you get form the Server a Epub file. That is no error its normal function of the software. Same happens if open ACSM file directly in your reader.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always downloaded new books from Overdrive and the download file title has always looked like this:

RogueLawyer9780385539449.acsm

That same title format should show in File Explorer (Documents > My Digital Editions). It does not. It shows as:

RogueLawyer.epub

Somewhere between download and opening in ADE, it gets changed. The file needs those number and the .ascm extension if I am to open the book in my Nook. I have been side loading books from Overdrive to a nook for many years. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2018 0