Exit

Page-break-before and split epub document problem

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

I prepare epub in InDesign CC 2019. The document is exported in two ways:

1. I don't split document. Chapters' titles are exported with "page-break-before:always" property. It's accepted by iBooks and Calibre (new chapter begins at the top of its page) but not by Adobe Digital Editions (chapters' titles are shown there where previous paragraph ends. Sometimes at the very bottom of the page). The document looks awful in Adobe Digital Editions. 

2. I split document by chapters' titles. It's also accepted by iBooks and Calibre but there is a blank page before every chapter. In Adobe Digital Editions the document  is shown well but the navigation is broken. I can skip pages with keyboard arrows but when I come to the next part, program doesn't allow me to do this. I have to click on page with mouse and then I can use keyboard arrows again. It's very bad situation also when I have some images treated as a new part of the book. It's very uncomfortable for readers.

Does anyone know the reason of this behavior and can solve the problem? Maybe I should add some code in my epub to work in ADE correctly?

I use Adobe Digital Editions 4.5, macOS Mojave 10.14.3 and InDesign CC 2019.

Thanks

Łukasz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve found a workaround. Epub should be in version 2, not 3. Adobe Digital Editions doesn’t work with epub 3 correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have exactly the same problem. But ePub version 2 doesn't work as well. Is there anyone outside, who can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I can't get it to work when saved in either version. I open the epub in iBooks on my iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines