Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page numbering doesn't match up

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

I have trouble using my ePub books since the page numbers doesn't match up with the physical book. When I go to the next page, it sometimes jump 2 or more pages.

I quess that the window isn't the actual size of the page and that is why it jumps.

My question is, how to I easily set up the window, so that it will fit the actual page size? The PDF view options doesn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have done some further research myself on this matter.

The problem isn't the program (while there could be added a feature added to fix the issue), it is the format of the ebook.

Ebooks come in 2 formats; reflowable and fixed layout. Fixed layout is 1:1 page size of the physical book, hence the page numbers match up. While on the other hand, the reflowable format is.. well, reflowable. The text spreads itself to fix the given size of the screen, the chosen format of the font, size and space between the lines - and don't get me wrong, this feature is amazing for casual reading. Though, for students, who have the requirements of showing a specific page number for citations are forced to guess or get the physical book. 

But, the program still show the range of page number your on, so it must know how much text is on 1 page in the physical book, or am I wrong? One solution could be to let the user choose how to view the ebook, for what purpose they need the information for and view the ebook either in fixed layout or reflowable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fully agreed.  The current presentation makes Adobe Digital Editions Ebooks worthless if you want to quote a specific page.  Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines