Highlighted

Password problem

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe Digital Editions as an e-reader on my iPad, by dragging books the app via iTunes.

I just bought a book from Kobo, and since I don't care for the Kobo e-reader for my iPad (It doesn't allow me to look up stuff on the Internet), I download the book as:

URLLink.acm.

When I click on that, I see that I have options to open it with one of the following:

Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 app

Reader Library.app

Reader.app

With the Adobe app, I get:

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ACT_NOT_READY

I get other errors with the other apps.

I see that my Digital Editions app on my Mac has the option to erase authorization, but when I tried it, I got:

"Unable to Erase Authorization.   Please try after some time".

I tried again after some time.   I'm not sure I got the right password.   I think I have one for this web page and another for my reading.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Password problem

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe Digital Editions as an e-reader on my iPad, by dragging books the app via iTunes.

I just bought a book from Kobo, and since I don't care for the Kobo e-reader for my iPad (It doesn't allow me to look up stuff on the Internet), I download the book as:

URLLink.acm.

When I click on that, I see that I have options to open it with one of the following:

Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 app

Reader Library.app

Reader.app

With the Adobe app, I get:

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ACT_NOT_READY

I get other errors with the other apps.

I see that my Digital Editions app on my Mac has the option to erase authorization, but when I tried it, I got:

"Unable to Erase Authorization.   Please try after some time".

I tried again after some time.   I'm not sure I got the right password.   I think I have one for this web page and another for my reading.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 09, 2017 0

Have something to add?