Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF/Adobe Digital Editions > Full text search not possible

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello User Community,

I have a problem and I can't find any help. We created a PDF e-book for a customer who wants to offer it to his readers with DRM via the Adobe Content Server. It is an extensive e-book, where the full text search (advanced search) is very helpful. (for understanding: I don't mean the general search in the ADE, where I can click from hit to hit, but an overview list, which is usually displayed on the left in a column with all xx hits)

The problem is: In the PDF in ADE I can't click the magnifying glass for the search, it's not clickable. Also the key combination alt+strg+f does not help.

screenshot_pdf.jpg

I've read a lot of forum entries, but this problem hasn't been described anywhere yet. Workflow: We create the book in InDesign, export it to PDF (Acrobat DC). In Acrobat DC I can also use the full text search, that works without problems.

screenshot_pdf_DC.jpg

Then the PDF is loaded to the ACS and from there via the acsm file to the ADE. And then it doesn't work at all.

I have tested the file on the ADE app on the iPhone, here it works, and on a Samsung Android mobile phone, also here I could use the full text search.

1ztNV_oE.jpeg

Only on the PC/MAC it simply doesn't work.

Which I also noticed: The advanced search apparently doesn't work for any PDF in ADE on the PC, but only for epub files.

screenshot_epub.jpg

Does anyone here have other experiences or knows how to activate the advanced search? I'm really helpless, especially since the Adobe telephone support couldn't help at all.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my problem. I appreciate any feedback.

Cheers, Alexander !

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?