Highlighted

Problem trying to download the EPUB version of a book I am borrowing

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have borrowed a book from archive.org, for a fortnight, which I have been reading on my tablet using Adobe Digital Editions.  There is an option to download the EPUB version of it; when I click on this a file is sent to my tablet and is named UTLLink.acsm.  If I do it again, I get another file, named UTLLink(2).acsm. And if I do it again, I get another file, named UTLLink(3).acsm.  And so on.  My problem is that when I select any of these files, Adobe Digital Editions opens with an error message that reads as follows:

"Unable to download

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED"

So the download doesn't happen.  So I don't get he EPUB version of the book I am borrowing.  And I don't know how to overcome this obstacle - which seems not to be of my making.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem trying to download the EPUB version of a book I am borrowing

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have borrowed a book from archive.org, for a fortnight, which I have been reading on my tablet using Adobe Digital Editions.  There is an option to download the EPUB version of it; when I click on this a file is sent to my tablet and is named UTLLink.acsm.  If I do it again, I get another file, named UTLLink(2).acsm. And if I do it again, I get another file, named UTLLink(3).acsm.  And so on.  My problem is that when I select any of these files, Adobe Digital Editions opens with an error message that reads as follows:

"Unable to download

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED"

So the download doesn't happen.  So I don't get he EPUB version of the book I am borrowing.  And I don't know how to overcome this obstacle - which seems not to be of my making.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 29, 2018 0

Have something to add?