• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems opening and returning ebooks in ADE

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having trouble both downloading and returning eBooks borrowed via BorrowBox and Adobe Digital Editions.

Originally, when I first started using this system, I could borrow books successfully, but when I tried to return them, I would get the error ā€˜E_BAD_LOAN_IDā€™. Now, I canā€™t borrow new books or return ones Iā€™ve already borrowed.

Iā€™ve tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling ADE, and have also tried Deauthorizing and Reauthorizing with my AdobeID.

I can successfully borrow the eBooks on the BorrowBox website, but when I try to open them in ADE to transfer them to my Kobo, I get an error saying 'E_LIC_LICENSE_SIGN_ERROR' and the book wonā€™t open. Iā€™m still getting the error  ā€˜E_BAD_LOAN_IDā€™ when trying to return books. Can you suggest what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Lien

TOPICS
ACSM files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a lot of complaints in the last few days (and maybe before, I just began looking on Thursday) about ADE not working, and nobody has a solution.  Adobe doesn't answer with anything more than solutions that may have worked once, but don't now.  My suggestion is that you get your library/book seller to complain since ordinary users haven't been getting any response.

This is a serious matter for Adobe because if ADE doesn't work, a huge market to libraries etc. is completely cut off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue - each file downloads as expected when checked out through the local library, and shows up as a new book but not as a borrowed book.  The download window in ADE won't close and the program locks up.  It appears the DRM authorization doesn't come across; I am able to return each of the books but if I try to do something other than return or delete it ADE locks up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time I have used this product and I am frustrated to the point of returning my Nook. I am able to download a library book to the app, but it will not "move"  to my Nook. I now cannot return the book to the library. I have de-authorized and reauthorized my computer to no avail. I have called Barnes & Noble help desk, but they too have no solution.

Is there any way of downloading the old version of the program if there were no issues with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know how to find and re-install ADE 3.0  also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link for version 3 The page looks odd but keep scrolling down and you will find it.

https://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to version 3 seems to have done the job.  I had to re-authorize to be able to download, but that wasn't a big deal.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome Kevin, glad it worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically the same problem here.  Since I've started using the newest version of ADE, I am no longer able to open books borrowed from my library on my Nook.  Error message:  Loan Token Not Found.  This is frustrating as I did not have this issue with the 3.0 version of ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some how I was able to solve my problems, but I'm not sure how.  But a local librarian whom I asked for help was able to get this reply from Overdrive which may help:

"On Mac, Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) stores an encryption key (to make sure our client-to-server calls are secure) in the OS X Keychain. If there is a problem creating this key, then the error "E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY" appears.

To fix this issue, try changing keychain access for ADE:

1. Open Keychain Access, under Finder > Applications > Utilities.
  2. Select Passwords from Category.
  3. Select Digital Editions from the list of passwords, and press Command + I.
  4. Click the Access Control tab, and select Confirm before allowing access.
  5. Press the + button, choose Applications in the left-hand menu, and choose Adobe Digital Editions from the list.
  6. Click Add, then Save changes.
  7. Launch ADE."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it worked for you but I have a PC running Windows 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using ADE for about 7 years. About a year ago I got another nook.  I had a problem getting it to be friends with Adobe. local library and I worked it out.  A month ago I dropped my nook and messed up the pixels, replaced it with same model.  A few trips to the library and numerous calls to Barnes and Nobel, they thought my nook was defective and replaced it with another of the same nook.  No luck at all.  Adobe won't even open on my PC, or two others.  I guess I will have to give up using my much loved nook.  I have some health issues that allows me a lot of reading time. Woe is me. I love to read, epaper is easy on the eyes. Back lite not so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this suggestion, but I'm on Windows, and also I'm not getting any problems with authorisation. I've contacted my local library to see if they can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also need help

it appears this, what can I do?

thanks

2018-03-05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was not helpful becasuse the book is from a library

thanks anyway for answering!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So many users of ADE 4.5xxx having various issues similar to me but this worked for me.  I agree 4.5 is an issue with Windows 10.

Go to Control Panel and uninstall ADE 4.5xxx.  Use Run regedit to go to Computer\HKEY\CURRENT\USER\Software\Adobe\Adept in the registry.  Delete Adept.  Leave regedit and reboot computer. Download and install ADE 3.01. Reauthorize the computer with Adobe I.D. Download acsm file from library (or other source) and double click it to open in ADE 3.01. May not need to reauthorize ereader if previously done in ADE 4.5xxx but do it if needed. Now drag and drop from ADE 3.01 to your device shown under Device in ADE.  Solved all problems for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didnt find ADE 3.0 only 2.0 and it doesnt work w/wind 10

do you have a link to download ADE 3.0

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Buenos dias. Tengo Adobe digital editions (ADE) 4.5.9 (actualizada desde 4.0) y tengo problemas con el programa. Intento descargarme e-books desde Biblioteca digital del Goethe-Institut en madrid y siempre que aƱado un libro a la biblioteca de ADE, el programa no responde y no me presta el libro. Estoy con la misma cuenta en el Goethe Institut, pero el programa siempre se queda bloqueado y no responde. cuando vuelvo a abrir el programa ADE, el libro aparece, pero sin fecha de devoluciĆ³n y no se puede descargar al e-reader.

NO tengo este problema con la plataforma online de una biblioteca espaƱola. Pero con la plataforma Onleihe del Goethe Institut siempre me da el mismo problema.

Ya he autorizado 2 e-reader y 2 Pc, ademĆ”s de una Tablet. La soluciĆ³n de desautorizar y volver a autorizar no me sirve, pues utilizo la Ćŗltima autorizaciĆ³n de la que dispongo. TambiĆ©n he comprobado la ID de Digital Editions y es la misma en PC y e-reader.

Por Ćŗltimo, he intentado descargarme el libro directamente desde la biblioteca digital al e-reader y me sale error de licencia (Āæ?Āæ?Āæ?Āæ?) y el e-reader se reinicia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines