• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with authorising ADE 4.5 and moving books to my ereader

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ADE installed. It worked fine for years on my old XP computer, with an anonymous authorisation.

This year on my newer Windows 10 computer I had to install a newer version (4.5) with an online Adobe account.

That version will only let me read the books in ADE, and won't let me move them to my e-book library in Calibre or to my e-reader.

So I thought I'd done something wrong and got another standalone authorisation. So I followed the instruction on the Anonymous Activation page https://blogs.adobe.com/ebooks/2015/04/09/adobe-digital-editions-anonymous-activation/ and made a brand-new Adobe account online today (the one I'm posting from here), and tried first to re-authorise, then to uninstall and re-install ADE 4.5.11. but nothing worked - I can still read the books only in ADE on my computer screen. Uninstalling it left the existing library, which I hoped meant that I could still read those books after re-authorising on the new account.

But ADE keeps saying it's already authorised, shows me a long um:uuic number when I look at the details. It won't let me add a second authorisation.

If I try to de-authorise it, it wants the login for my first account. That email address and password work to login online at Adobe, but when I use it to try to unauthorise the newly-installed ADE 4.5 it says: can't remove the authorisation, try again later. It's been saying that for hours.

Calibre needs to be told where to look for the .der file authorisation key to let me load and read my new books, and searching for .der in Explorer doesn't net me any relevant results.

How do I get my new laptop properly authorised, with a .der file where it's needed, so I can read my books and manage my E-library the way I want to?

TOPICS
ACSM files , ADE authorization , Deauthorization , DRM , Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with a Mac Book Air and Kobo reader. The Mac is authorized but not the Kobo. And it all used to work fine. 

I cannot erase my current login name in Digital Editions since I don't have the original password. It seems like a logical error. It should be possible to re-initalize the login/password without requiring a former password. And Adobe doesn't support Digital Editions. I'm quite unhappy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and I can't download any books with my read book Kobo.

Have you found a solution?
Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I always get this error displayed: 

E_LIC_ALREADY_FULLFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the point of asking for help when none is given? Come on, Adobe!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines