Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

program won't run

New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I hope you can help me. I have a strange problem. I was running ADE 4.5.8 and everything was fine. Then all of a sudden I am now unable to even open the program.  I didn't do any updated in between when it worked and when it stopped. I literally closed the program, then 2 minutes later tried to open it again, and since then it has not worked.

I don't get an error. I don't get a splash screen. I click on the shortcut and effectively, nothing happens. I can see the program in the task manager, but after a few mins it disappears from the list having never shown me anything.

I'm running windows 10.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Restarting and shutting down my computer. I've also tried running version 3.0 which works, but will not allow me to authorize my computer. I've tried disabling my virus program, but it has not helped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and it is costing me money.  I cannot open the app at all when it opened perfectly a week ago.  I've had Microsoft troubleshoot with me and we've uninstalled and re-installed.  We've removed anti-virus and anti-spyware software.  I am at a complete loss!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar issue, but it only happens when my Kobo is connected. If it's not connected ADE opens and works. The moment I connect my Kobo to transfer a library book, it crashes. My Kobo is not authorized yet, which may be part of the problem, but I can't authorize it because the app shuts down the moment I connect it. I de-authorized and authorized again. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I made more space of my kobo. And I restarted once. I'm on a mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines