"Check authorisation" EVERY TIME I download a DRM book even after deleting Adept registry key

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of weeks ago ADE stopped opening DRM-free epub3 books (all epub3 format. Epub2 still opened fine). Cf ADE 4.5.10 won't open ANY epub3 files on Windows 8.1  An ADE support tech told me to delete the Adept registry key and re-authorise. I did that, and epub3 DRM-free books now open fine again.

HOWEVER, ever since I deleted the registry key the first time, EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to download a book WITH DRM, I get a "check authorisation" error and have to delete the registry key and re-authorise the pc (using the same account each time).

This is getting seriously old, does anyone have a PERMANENT fix for this problem ??

Using ADE 4.5.10 on windows 8.1.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

This is strange that you need to reset the registry each time you try to download EPub 3 file. Did you tried reinstalling ADE at your end?

Is it possible to try creating a new user account in your Win 8.1 machine and login with that user account and check if you get the same issue there as well?

This issue could be system specific or user account specific issue as at our end we are able to open EPub3 files without any issues.

Regards,

Mayank

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
aklbe AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thanks for your answer. To be clear, my current issue involves *all* epub files with drm, not only epub3 files. The problem with epub3 files was a problem previously (see my other thread) and was resolved by deleting the Adept key, however since I did that for the first time, I can open epub3 files (drm-free) BUT I now have to delete the key and reauthorise every time I try to download a book with DRM.

I reinstalled ADE as you suggested (I had reinstalled it a couple of weeks ago and upgraded to the latest version in an attempt to correct the previous issue) and borrowed a book from the library to test it, the problem still persists. I will try to create a different user profile later and see if that helps.

This problem started when I upgraded to 4.5.10 and deleted the registry key for the first time, could it be related to this version of ADE?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines