• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"E_IO_cannot_open" (plus ADE crashes NON STOP) on one acsm.

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

ADE 4.5.11, 4.5.10, 4.5.7, 4.5.3

I borrowed a book from the library (pdf format). Impossible to download it: ADE crashes constantly and IF it downloads I get an error "E_IO_cannot_open". I successfully downloaded other books (epub and pdf) before and after that book.

Tried deleting the book before trying again, when I restart ADE (or it crashes :/) the book is still in the library, sometimes w/ no cover, sometimes w/ wrong cover, sometimes w/ right cover, usually multiple times.

I uninstalled ADE (4.5.11) and reinstalled: no change. Reverted to 4.5.10, then 4.5.7, then 4.5.3... still crashes constantly, won't delete the book, won't download the book. I made sure the user folder was not "read-only".

I successfully downloaded other books during the same session (although ADE crashed there too), both epub and pdf.

Bear in mind I have to switch to a different session on my computer which I created EXLUSIVELY for using ADE because it no longer works AT ALL on my main user profile (I just get a blank rectangle when I try to launch it, no library, nothing). Prior to that I had to delete the Adept registry key every single time I wanted to download a book. (Cf https://community.adobe.com/t5/digital-editions/ade-4-5-10-won-t-open-any-epub3-files-on-windows-8-1... and https://community.adobe.com/t5/digital-editions/quot-check-authorisation-quot-every-time-i-download-... )

This error has previously been reported over 50 times so far at least as far back as 2013:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&...

Most reports have 0 answers. A few have been answered by other users. Suggested solutions include checking permissions and reverting to version 1.7.2. Seriously?? Adobe, is there any point to reporting bugs here at all??

TOPICS
ACSM files , Download , DRM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Deep_Roy

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. I ran the commands as given and then tried to download the book again. The first time, it crashed without even giving me the usual error.

The second time, it got all the way to the end of the download, then gave the same error "Download impossible. Error obtaining the licence. Problem communicating with the licence server: E_IO_CANNOT_OPEN"

(Téléchargement impossible
Erreur lors de l'obention de la licence. Problème de communication avec le serveur de licences :
E_IO_CANNOT_OPEN)

Then it crashed again.

As I mentioned previously I have successfully downloaded other books in the interim so I do not believe it is a permissions problem.

Please tell me how to download my book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Deep_Roy

Still no help and my problem is not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I would suggest you to check with eBook Vendor and ask them to reset/provide the new link to download the book and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines