Highlighted

"Errors were encountered in this item"

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received this error note when trying to open an e-book for school. It is an Adobe e-book, so I cannot open it with any other device/software. I also cannot open any of the non-school e-books that I have on Adobe Digital Editions (i.e. ones with no expiry date). I have rebooted my computer, I have uninstalled/reinstalled the program, and nothing works. My exam for this course is in a few weeks, and I need access to the e-book to study. I have contacted fellow students who have the e-book, and they are able to open it fine, so this is definitely an Adobe problem, not a publisher issue.

Please help ASAP.

EDIT: When investigating further, I clicked on item info for the e-book and it says "Unknown Permission Error".

TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Errors were encountered in this item"

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received this error note when trying to open an e-book for school. It is an Adobe e-book, so I cannot open it with any other device/software. I also cannot open any of the non-school e-books that I have on Adobe Digital Editions (i.e. ones with no expiry date). I have rebooted my computer, I have uninstalled/reinstalled the program, and nothing works. My exam for this course is in a few weeks, and I need access to the e-book to study. I have contacted fellow students who have the e-book, and they are able to open it fine, so this is definitely an Adobe problem, not a publisher issue.

Please help ASAP.

EDIT: When investigating further, I clicked on item info for the e-book and it says "Unknown Permission Error".

TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Digital Editions working just fine yesterday.  Today get the error below. And I too have an exam tomorrow. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing same issue.  Adobe - please respond as soon as possible please.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - all working nicely yesterday, then getting those error messages this morning ("Unable to open..." and the associated "Unknown Permission Error" in the item properties).

Troubleshooting so far:

• Windows 10, last update on 14 March 2018
  • ADE is properly authorised and has been for a long time
  • Was last using it all day yesterday
  • Reinstallation of ADE doesn't solve the error
  • In case it was something to do with ITIL books (yes, I was using one of the ITIL books too!), I tried other books in the library, and the same message.
  • If you remove a book from the library, then try to add it back, another error occurs:
  • So, that sucks too....ade-add-error.JPG
  • It appears that you can't open or add any DRM or non-DRM pdfs using ADE - functionality is totally borked?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 1
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have access to a Windows 10 PC, try Open With -> select Microsoft Edge?

EdgeEpub.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edge doesn't work.  It's a protected Adobe DRM book.  Adobe Digital edition is authorised - I have checked that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have an odd error message. I ended up deleting and reinstalling the app, which required me to re-activate the app; but this is where it seems to have the issue. 5323E8A5-D438-4791-8A7B-C73F4BD5AD9F.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under menu - FILE -> Item info you get further details as below.

But judging by other posts popping up on the Forum Adobe is having a bad day.  We can't all have suffered corrupted files all at the same time.

I suspect the error is at the Adobe end with authenticating permissions...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution on another thread that worked for me.   Uninstall Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.7 and install version 3.0 instead (The download is available by clicking the link lower down on the download page).    I was able to open my book in version 3.0, but the text was messed up.  I then installed 4.5.7 on top of 3.0 and the book opened fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2018 2
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this helped me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2018 0