"Loan token not found" error

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest Digital Editions version on Windows 7. When I download a checked-out book from axis360, the book opens just fine on my PC, but when the file is transferred to my Nook Simple Touch, I get a "Loan token not found" error, and the book will not open. I've downloaded from axis360 via Chrome, IE, and Firefox to see if the browser made a difference, but no such luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled ADE, but still no luck. I used to have no problems transferring epubs files, but over the past year and a half, I've had nothing but headaches. Help?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Would someone at ADE address this question? The people at B&N have pushed me to ADE. And it appears ADE won't address the issue. Is the NOOK Simple Touch supported by ADE or not? If so, what is the solution to this issue. If it is not supported then tell us so we can get on with life. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Would someone at ADE address this question?

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report or request

-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/

-https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

-or Feedback forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/desktop-app/content

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John, I'll give it a try. This forum is directly accessible via the Adobe web site and it appears to be the only access the public has to Adobe support. The Chat was not available. There is no email address to use. The only support avenue from off of the Adobe support page was to what I now know to be a public forum. Which only makes the support for Adobe products, at least for ADE, even more lame.

Again, thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try but I'm not holding my breath. I feel I'm headed to Amazon to buy one of their readers. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution. I reverted back to ADE 3.0. After I reset everything, my Simple Touch Nook now works. It appears Adobe did not provide support for the older Nook readers in their newer versions of ADE. BTW: the 3.0 version was readily available on the Adobe web site. I hope others will see this and avoid the frustration I've been through. This doesn't, however, change my opinion of Adobe's poor customer support, at least with this product.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further on my issue with ADE customer support, it does not appear Adobe provides a means to file a bug report on the ADE product. No surprise there, I guess.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
babnab1 LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue but could not find a link to ADE 3.0 the Adobe website. So I found this link:

https://adobe-digital-editions.software.informer.com/3.0/

Like most of the commercial links, there are a ton of adds. Just be careful and pick the apprpriate download.

Make sure you download the 3.0 ADE. Just be careful.

It downloaded for me just fine. I installed it. I wasn't sure what would happen so I didn't unistall the newer version of ADE first, but in retrospect you could uninstall and then download the 3.0 version instead of going to the new version of ADE that is currently installed on your computer and deactivating the authorization.

Go to the 3.0 version and activate the authorization IN THAT VERSION.

Add your Nook as another device if it didn't automatically. Remove the library books from the Nook Library and your ADE library. Go to your library and download the book/s again. Now transfer the book/s to your Nook. This should work. It did for me.

Good Luck

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines