• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"No record of this loan is found on this machine, it may have been returned"???

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To whom it may concern (Thank you by the way for reading this):

Every time I try to open up an ebook, I get the message "Unable to open XXX" and giving an explanation of "No record of this loan is found on this machine, it may have been returned." What can I do to open up my ebooks?

I borrow books from EBSCOhost which is a ebook library service provided by EBSCO for my college. I am allowed to download ebooks so that I don't have to be connected to the internet all the time; however, the links expire every two days. It is annoying, but I download the ebook every two days as the link expires. recently, I have been getting the message "Unable to open XXX" and giving an explanation of "No record of this loan is found on this machine, it may have been returned." I have tried re-downloading/borrowing from EBSCOhost a new loan of the book (and it allows me to do so), but once I download it into the Adobe Digital Editions and try to read it, it gives me the same message. I have a PC. Please Help!

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem but in addition I copied the e-book to a reading device from my PC.  I used Windows Explorer to locate all reference of the e-book on my device and deleted them.  Then I went to the My Digital Editions folder on my PC.  I deleted all file references to the e-book.  I then went to the original downloaded file on my PC (which was an .acsm file) and deleted it.  Then I redownloaded the file to my PC.  I was able to add it to the Adobe Digital Editions library via File --> Add to Library command.  From there I copied it to my reading device and was able to read it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines