Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Your ereader is no authorized to open this book"

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- I have the current version of ADE

- Both my computer and my Kobo are authorized to open the epub downloads from the library

- when I transfer books to my kobo and go to read them later on my device, I am given the message "Your reader is not authorized to open this book. You need to re-import the book using Adobe Digital Editions"

- I've deauthorized and reauthorized my computer and kobo - even going into >go to folder/library/application support etc. to erase the authorization 

- returned and reborrowed and downloaded the books

- I've reset my kobo

- I have synced my kobo

Has any successfully resolved an issue like this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. I have reset all accounts (kobo and ADE). I can read the loaned book on overdrive and ADE. It is sent ok to the reader but will not open. I the same message as you have.

I'm looking for a new reader and I am somewhat loyal to Kobo, but this is driving me insane. A kindle could be here tomorrow if I wanted.  I hope someone is reading these forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you reset your ADR account? I forgot my pasword and I need to reset it to delet the authorization.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed my problem by de-authorizing and then re-authorizing my e-reader (a
Kobo). I didn't reset my password ... I knew it.
I don't know how to reset it

Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In order for me to complete the transfer to my Kobo Glo I had to purchase a program from EPubsoft.com to remove DMR protections from Adobe..it was a free trial...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Spent sooo much time with Adobe Help but they can't figure it out and referred me to this site for help? Has anyone figured it out? I had problems a couple of years ago so I switched back to an older version of Digital Editions. That worked fine last time. Version 2.0 seem to work best. But now that's not even working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem..It tells me it is in the Kobo Glo but will download only 6%...then the message to authorize.  Is this a tactic for us Kobo Glo users to buy a new ereader..  I am not to hopeful that I will get a response from Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking that might be the case. Mines even older than the Glo. I have the first H2O. This really annoys me. I wonder if the other companies do this to their clients. Might be time for a switch

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can download the book on my computer but I can't open it on Adobe Digitals.  I tried uninstalling the 4.5 to put the 3 back and it still doesn't open.  The problem IS NOT with our ereaders.  It is Adobe that has a problem.  I can open the book on my computer and read it there so it's Adobe that's tha problem.  I wrote to them but no answer either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open a book in ADE on my phone, computer and both tablets....I just can't transfer it to my e-reader and open it. I get the "not authorized to read DRM" message. It thinks my ereader is not authorized even though it shows as authorized in my ADE program. That's why I am pretty sure it's the reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also mention that this started for me, right after a Kobo update was sync'd to my reader. Kobo has now escalated my issue to their tech dept.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone been able to fix this?  I am having the exact same problem.  Has anyone determined if it is a Adobe issue or a Kobo issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked with Kobo support on this issue, and they decided it was an Adobe issue, not a Kobo issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this EXACT same problem.  I have never had issues in the past and have been using my Kobo and Adobe Digital Editions for years to read library ebooks.  It seemed to start about one week ago for me.  Maybe with the newest update for ADE (4.5) I think.  I suppose it could also have been an update to my Kobo, but that seems to update all the time and I've never had this problem before.  I looked to see if I could just install an old version of ADE, but none seem to exist for Mac.  The online 'help' people at Adobe were of no help and told me to ask my question here.  

Can someone from Adobe help us resolve this!?  I was told that someone from Adobe should answer questions within 24-48 hours, but I see that no one has responded yet.  How frustrating.  Especially right now when we have zero access to hard copies of books from our libraries.  

If I end up figuring it out I will post and I hope others will do the same.  Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out a work around!  I looked back at a conversation about the same issue from 2017 (apparently this is not new).  Someone there wrote:

"I was able to successfully add to my Kobo the last two e-books I borrowed. The one thing I did different was - on the download instead of directly opening into ADE I saved the file into my downloads. Then I went to the downloads and from there opened the file into ADE. I was then able to transfer the file from ADE to the Kobo successfully."

I just tried this and it worked!  I successfully transferred 4 library books from 2 different libraries.  

It still does not solve the original problem, but keeps us reading for now! Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou so much that suggestion, it worked for me. I can read again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried this without any luck, unfortunately. I've been back and forth with Kobo and they've been of no help. Reddit has some threads about this, it's a world wide problem it seems. The whole reason I wanted to use ADE is to stop buying books on Kobo and save money, that's probably something Kobo doesn't want - which is why they're not eager to solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same issue with my Kobo Libra that I just purchased a month ago. I went through tech support with Kobo, and after trying several resets/deathorizations/erases they told me it must be an Adobe issue, and they couldn't help me anymore. Please, Adobe, help us solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya...I did it in the opposite order. I assumed Adobe.. they gave me a couple recommendations that didn't work. Then told me it must be a Kobo problem. I suddenly got it working yesterday though and I'm not sure how but I was following the erase Adobe instructions and reinstall everything so I don't know that it is a Kobo problem

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was suddenly just able to open my first library book in months in Adobe 4.5. I deleted all Adobe links..even a few from years ago that I didn't see the last few times I tried this. I uploaded 3.0...which some one else said worked, but it didn't work for  me. I couldn't even open it. I noticed though, that the book was sitting in my downloads after that. Maybe that's why it worked in 4.5 this time after  I downloaded that version? I did get an email from Kobo with something to try. I haven't tried it yet since my book is open but if it fails again, I will. It involved resetting my Kobo( which I have tried before) but it then recommends deleting all Kobo files from my computer. I don't think I have done that before? It says to make sure you get all and lists 4 of the set up files. Then it says to start from scratch by setting up your Kobo and authorizing it again. Let me know if you try it and it works. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't seem to be working for me - i'm still having the problem.  So frustrating! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nastee_queen,

How is your kobo working? Any luck? I am having exact problem, nothing work for me yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is your kobo working? Any luck? I am having exact problem, nothing work for me yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. As I tried to write in a new topic, I work for a company that deals with digital lending in libraries and many of our subscribers are unable to transfer ebooks from Adobe Digital Editions to Kobo and other DRM-compliant e-readers: every time they try, they get a message that asks them to authorize their device (when in fact it's already authorized).

To be more specific: it seems to happen on DRM-protected epub3's and is happening both via Mac and Windows computers. I write here too in case anyone has at least a temporary solution, given that this problem undoubtedly depends on Adobe: thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I had the same problem with epub3's in the last few weeks; Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 seems to work just fine on Windows computers, so I suggest you try with that. Unfortunately, you can't run that version of ADE on MacOS Catalina, cause it's too old. I'm trying to get in touch with Adobe, but their help desk is a bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines