• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Receiving CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED-No permission to copy the book (how do you fix this?)

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling with trying to download a library book to my Nook.  I have it on my ADE, but it provides and error message and won't let me put it on my Nook.  The error message is as explained in the topic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Wouldn't this be either the Libraries problem, not allowing the book to be copied, or a B & N Nook permissions problem.

I don't see how it has anything to do with Adobe Reader.

Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't this be either the Libraries problem, not allowing the book to be copied, or a B & N Nook permissions problem.

I don't see how it has anything to do with Adobe Reader.

Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since both the reader AND Adobe Digital Editions are correctly signed in and authorized and since it is Adobe Digital Editions that is giving this message it would seem that the problem and solution should be an Adobe concern.....yet in spite of this, this type of cry for help seems to have been left unanswered for more than a YEAR !    Looks like some changes need to made in the area of customer "care" unless "customer service" is a thing of the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat as you - I have downloaded many books from my library in the past (though not recently).  I've been on other boards which said that it might be Windows 10 (but I've tried it with Firefox), that it might be ADE 4.5 (but I downloaded 3.0 to no avail).  It depends on how I go in.  Sometimes I get the CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED.  Other times I get something about not being authorized.  I've de-authorized, de-registered, and uninstalled, to no avail.  Astounding that there isn't a solution to this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just went to B&N and followed their instructions for USER NOT AUTHORIZED.  Once I fixed that, I was able to download the book from the library which had failed, as I mentioned in my previous reply.  Here's the link to find the answer: 

https://help.barnesandnoble.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/167/kw/user%20not%20authorized%20error%20mes...

Hope this helps...it worked for me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conversation moved to Adobe Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me! Must pay attention to the instructions, unplug, restart, quit.... finally had to delete the book and download it again and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last time I tried to get Adobe to look at this for me (I actually spoke to a real person) they told me they didn't support Digital Editions because it's a free program. About as useful a dead battery, and rude too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me...the chat program in Help is not related to "Digital", so they can't help. Everything was ok until i modified my email in my Kobo account (which, I believe, has nothing to do with Adobe). Then, I disconnected and reconnected Kobo to the effect of being in error CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED which has no help anywhere. I hope there's somebody and not a robot in Adobe Digital...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to download from another library.  As such, I'm assuming that it is with the library or B&N.  Unfortunately, not much support from B&N to resolve - no easy access.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines