• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recent Windows update crashing ADE

New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three computers, two with W7 and one with W10.  All three worked fine with ADE - well, never totally fine, since there are periodic reauthorizations are needed with ADE, etc.  But since the most recent Windows updates, about a week or so ago, ADE has stopped working on all three machines.  The program starts but there is only a blank screen, "My Library" is empty, and I am totally unable to download anything.  The program does recognize the plugged in Kobo reader, but when I double click on the device, the program crashes and exits.

I have reinstalled ADE, and there is no difference after the reinstallation.  I can't imagine that I am the only one having this problem, but the situation certainly makes me very grumpy.

Incidentally, when we are locked into ADE because on-line books cannot be accessed without it, I think there is an obligation on the company to provide some support directly, and not just open up a forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem. Windows 10 with ADE 4.5.8. I tried deauthorize & reauthorize - same problem. I tried uninstall and reinstall - same problem. I tried deauth, uninstall, clean install, authorize - same problem.

I cannot access any of my library books on my Windows tablet - which is what I read on. I cannot find ANY answers...

Help?!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines