• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing Digital Edition

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows 7 environment.  I made a mistake with Digital Edition (DE) and its management of my authorization is totally screwed up.  I believe the only solution is to totally remove DE from my computer - I mean totally, that is, all records hid in the registry and anywhere else.  So my question is how can I do this because DE does not come with a remove option which I believe would have done this process correctly?  Until I can address this my computer is totally locked out of using DE.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Hi James,

Follow these instructions to remove the pertinent registry files that are used for activation:

• Open Windows Registry by using the command prompt and typing 'regedit' or by opening the start menu and searching for 'regedit'.
  • Search for the following folder:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept\Activation
  • The 'Activation' folder can be entirely deleted.

This can be done without having to reinstall ADE. It will restore ADE to an unactivated state where you can log back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

Follow these instructions to remove the pertinent registry files that are used for activation:

• Open Windows Registry by using the command prompt and typing 'regedit' or by opening the start menu and searching for 'regedit'.
  • Search for the following folder:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept\Activation
  • The 'Activation' folder can be entirely deleted.

This can be done without having to reinstall ADE. It will restore ADE to an unactivated state where you can log back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions again began refusing to open new ebooks and again refused to let me deauthorized my Win10 computer so I could reauthorize it. I don't know what's going on but I uninstalled the current version and deleted the Adept key from my registry.

I installed an older ADE (4.0) and after some issues with my Adobe password that I had to reset, once again, I was able to authorize my computer and download the new ebook. 

I hope this stays fixed--I'm getting really annoyed with Adobe and as they own the format I don't think I have much choice but to deal with them.

I also pretty annoyed that they had one of the biggest data hacks in history, millions of us having our IDs, emails, etc. stolen. I don't know if that has anything to do with the credit card number theft I've experienced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, so much, this solved my problem that took ages to fix because the Windows Registry editing tips from others were not as specific or clear as yours. My error message is over! 
"E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just in case anyone is using MacOS and runs into the same problem (as I did today), here are some instructions:

• Open Finder
  • Input ⌘G
  • Paste this pathname: /Users/[Your Username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • Delete any files within this folder
  • Reopen ADE
  • Input ⌘U
  • Log back into ADE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines