• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reset Adobe Digital Editions password

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to Erase my Adobe Digital Editions authorization but it says my password is wrong. I originally authorized ADE using OverDrive. Is there any way that this password can be reset?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

I did not have an Adobe ID when I first downloaded Adobe Digital Editions. I was able to use ADE without cost by selecting Overdrive in the drop down. I tried using the reset password as you suggest but it never sent an email to me with the instructions so it didn't work. I assumed this was because I never created an ID in Adobe itself. Only in ADE. I only created an Adobe ID after that in order to post this issue in this forum. 

When I try to Erase Authorization in Adobe Digital Editions it put

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe ID ist the Mail-Adresse of the Customer Account. To reset the Passwort of the Adobe id go to website and choose reset password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not have an Adobe ID when I first downloaded Adobe Digital Editions. I was able to use ADE without cost by selecting Overdrive in the drop down. I tried using the reset password as you suggest but it never sent an email to me with the instructions so it didn't work. I assumed this was because I never created an ID in Adobe itself. Only in ADE. I only created an Adobe ID after that in order to post this issue in this forum. 

When I try to Erase Authorization in Adobe Digital Editions it puts my Authorized User id as my email address followed by | Overdrive

example:  emailaddress.gmail.com | OverDrive  but when I put the password here it still says your password is incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be just stupid user interface design. You do have to re-enter your Overdrive user id into the vendor-id field even though it is displayed in the upper field. The upper is the authorization id that must match that in the epub file and devices to which it is copied. The vendor-id is needed for ADE to login to Overdrive to verify your account.

If you still cannot reset your authorization, I found the instructions on editing the Windows Registry in this discussion worked for me (before I realized what the vendor-id was all about).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that I am using Windows 10.

In another stream for Mac, it says to delete the activation.dat file, but I cannot find this file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cannot find post I originally saw on this but if you have an Adobe ID - not a Digital Editions ID, that is where you (1) reset your password, using numbers and letters only,(2) log out of Adobe (3) then bring up ADE and enter new Adobe password . I was able to use my Adobe pw on ADE, authorize my ADE to permit transfer to my Nook (and other devices).  Took patience, logging on and off, closing the ADE software then bringing back up again but I was FINALLY able to transfer book from my ADE library to my Nook.  You must be on line to complete pw changes and reauhtorization.  It's a royal pain in the ... but it finally worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines