Highlighted

Restoring audio waveform in Audition 1.5

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to figure this out myself, but I need some help! I use Audition 1.5 to record live recordings, and the tracks are sometime over an hour long before I stop Audition to save them. Sometimes I do not have a chance to save a track before I must arm another track to record another hour of material. Normally this is not a problem, and I just save each track seperately when I'm done recording. But, a few times now, Audition has deleted audio from the previous track, before I have a chance to save it, and only the audio recorded before the end of the second track is left. For example: Track 1 was recorded for 1 hour and 14 minutes. When it came time to record the second segment on Track 2, Track 1 had not been saved yet, so I unarmed the track, placed it in mute, and armed Track 2 for recording. I returned to zero on the counter and clicked on Record. Track 2 was stopped at 34 minutes and 52 seconds. Normally when Track 2 is stopped, I just save both tracks seperately and I'm done. Today, when I went to save Track 1, the end of the waveform was at 34 minutes and 52 seconds, which was also the end point of Track 2! The multi-track view showed that there once had been 1 hour and 14 minutes of audio there, but there was no waveform between the end of Track 2, and the end of the multi-track view. I'm sure that I accidentally clicked on something, that prevented the end of Track 1 from going past the endpoint of Track 2, but can someone please tell me how to recover the lost audio?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Restoring audio waveform in Audition 1.5

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to figure this out myself, but I need some help! I use Audition 1.5 to record live recordings, and the tracks are sometime over an hour long before I stop Audition to save them. Sometimes I do not have a chance to save a track before I must arm another track to record another hour of material. Normally this is not a problem, and I just save each track seperately when I'm done recording. But, a few times now, Audition has deleted audio from the previous track, before I have a chance to save it, and only the audio recorded before the end of the second track is left. For example: Track 1 was recorded for 1 hour and 14 minutes. When it came time to record the second segment on Track 2, Track 1 had not been saved yet, so I unarmed the track, placed it in mute, and armed Track 2 for recording. I returned to zero on the counter and clicked on Record. Track 2 was stopped at 34 minutes and 52 seconds. Normally when Track 2 is stopped, I just save both tracks seperately and I'm done. Today, when I went to save Track 1, the end of the waveform was at 34 minutes and 52 seconds, which was also the end point of Track 2! The multi-track view showed that there once had been 1 hour and 14 minutes of audio there, but there was no waveform between the end of Track 2, and the end of the multi-track view. I'm sure that I accidentally clicked on something, that prevented the end of Track 1 from going past the endpoint of Track 2, but can someone please tell me how to recover the lost audio?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 11, 2018 0

Have something to add?