Highlighted

Slow scrolling and highlighting

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I using Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 on my PC WIN10 . Every time I try to highlight a text, make a note or even scroll the page it takes 15-30 seconds and I get a wait signal.  Any idea why it is being so slow? All of my other applications on my computer work fine and have no issues.

I have been read about and seems that a lot of users have this issue. What's solution of this problem.

@ADOBE that you care about this problem or not?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Slow scrolling and highlighting

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I using Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 on my PC WIN10 . Every time I try to highlight a text, make a note or even scroll the page it takes 15-30 seconds and I get a wait signal.  Any idea why it is being so slow? All of my other applications on my computer work fine and have no issues.

I have been read about and seems that a lot of users have this issue. What's solution of this problem.

@ADOBE that you care about this problem or not?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 17, 2019 2
New Here ,
May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have been having the same issue and it has been so frustrating! I found a solution by downloading the free BlueFire document reader at Bluefire Reader.

You can login using your Adobe account and import books from Adobe Digital Editions and read them through this application. It is so much better with no lagging issues! Hope that helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2019 2
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just passed me my test!  There's no way I could have read the book at the speed it was going! THANK-YOU!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This text was taken from file Welcome, spanish version:

Elementos resaltados

Para resaltar texto, selecciónelo, haga clic con el botón derecho y elija Resaltar en el menú emergente. Para ver la lista de elementos resaltados, haga clic en el botón Mostrar/ocultar panel de navegación y luego elija la ficha Marcador. Con el panel de navegación puede ir a la posición del elemento resaltado. El menú Opciones permite eliminar o cambiar el nombre de los elementos resaltados.

Basically, says you should need to click navigation panel, markers, select highlighted text and open Options menu, and delete selected.

It may be needed to restart your laptop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the guy above making uncalled for assumptions, restarting is not the solution. Impossibly slow lag. I will try that Blue fire.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not interested in fixing this issue, it seems. I will migrate to another platform.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0