Highlighted

Slow scrolling speed for Adobe Digital Editions 4.5" (reading e-books)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The problem is about when reading e-books, through your application "Adobe Digital Editions 4.5"
The scrolling speed is very low, and there do not seem to be a setting for changing this.
How do I change the scrolling speed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Slow scrolling speed for Adobe Digital Editions 4.5" (reading e-books)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The problem is about when reading e-books, through your application "Adobe Digital Editions 4.5"
The scrolling speed is very low, and there do not seem to be a setting for changing this.
How do I change the scrolling speed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 24, 2019 10
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what device are you using to read? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Air

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Ok one more question. 🙂 Are you reading an epub or pdf format book? Also, when I'm reading books I read one page at a time and then click to the next page? Just curious – why are you scrolling?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bought e-book, so I guess epub.

The only time it is possible to read through a page, and then click to the next is for the setting "fit page". This becomes too small to read, so then I have to change to one of the other settings (Like "Fit width"). Then it is no longer possible to click to the next, but scrolling becomes the best option, but the speed is not great

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the slow reply. Ok I'm still interested in whether it's a pdf or epub.  the When reading the book in Digital editions, is the scrolling bar on the right of the book and vertical, or is it along the bottom of the book and horizontal? Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When reading the bought eBook in Adobe Digital Editions:" Reading" --> "PDF view": Here I am able to change settings, like "Fit Page", "Fit Width", etc. 

When reading the bought eBook in Adobe Digital Editions:" Reading" --> EPUB text size: Here there are several options, like "small", "medium", "large", etc. I am not able to do anything with these settings.

This seems to b a PDF-file, even though it is bought eBook, not a dowloaded PDF-document. When reading other ebooks, they are all quicker, and the available settings are for EPUB, not PDF. Seems therefor that the problem is with the PDF.

An interesting fact: When having the setting: "Fit Page" in the PDF-view, the speed is much faster.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Interesting. You didn't really say how you scroll though which is what I was after. On windows if I have a pdf file I scroll using a scroll bar on the right which is vertical. If it is an epub book I scroll using a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the screen. At least this is what I think I do! Not 100% sure to be honest! But I would be interested in your answer to this and what you see in terms of scroll bars! 😬

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2019 2
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many reasons for scrolling, if you use the book / document as a reference you tend to scroll and not read every consecutive page from beginning to the end.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing extremely slow scrolling speeds on a Windows 10 desktop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2019 3
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing the same issue.

Specification:

- MacBook Pro (2019)

- Mojave 10.14.6

As recommended by other users have tried using the earlier version 3.0 and 2.0. The issue still persists.

Can anybody help or escalate this issue to Engineering team.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2020 4
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions is impossibly slow scroll... We are being ignored.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2020 4
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are exactly correct. This is an unacceptable problem for students who have no option but to use digital editions for textbooks and they are taking open-book timed exams that require a fast way to read the e-textbook

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 3
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Is there a status update? I just downloaded ADE 4.5 and the scrolling is still sluggish.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, MacBook Air + Abode Digital Editions. This program really sucks and it seems like Abode doesn't really care

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 2
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have same problem and  realy looking for answer,I use windows 7

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 3