Exit

Software needs overhaul

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To whom it may concern,

Consulting Proposal:

Adobe has been trying to differentiate from other electronic book solutuons for quite a long time. I had been part of the original ground swell before ebooks even took off in 2005 as the developer of a small pdf viewing/ reading / studying software called ByteSize Systems. We ran into many roadblocks with textbook publishers resistant to the new format and as a result our software withered and died on the vine. It appears to me that Adobe is letting Digital Editions also wither on the vine. Here it is 2019 and the online reviews on the Google play store are pretty brutal.

I don't know if Adobe seeks to maintain and develop the Digital Editions beyond what it has, but I would be available on a consulting basis to assist you turning the software around into a viable ereading platform, based off my research and experience with creating our own ereading solution.

I feel if we had Adobe's resources back then or developed during a more ebook friendly time with publishers we would have had a much higher level of success. As it is, it would be a shame to see all that R&D capital go to waste. Adobe Digital Editions could captilize and learn from our early development and struggles.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Scott Allam

Imagic Consulting

Formerly ByteSize Systems

moderator: contact information removed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this post ist in form not right. Better you used the contact Information (Impressum) for this contact in this forum the most peaple only user not adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you and yes I agree. I have already tried their direct contact email and it was restricted from outside contact. I'll keep searching. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can try this: Office locations  Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Scott,

Dont bother about R&D capital. In This so called Corporate Companies money gets wasted in several ways..

Coming to the actual point:

Adobe will not bother about your proposal not it may hire you as a consultant..Because they are very very Huge size!!!.

Look at my post that was posted years back

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Digital-Editions/Digital-editions-3-01-Don-t-show-this-alert-again/td....

They didn't bother..

That's the reality..

Good Luck, Hope they will contact you..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines