• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solution to Adobe Digital Editions (.acsm file) on Android

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Many people on here have a hard time getting their .acsm file to work on their Android device using the Adobe Digital Editions app, and these steps will help you open the .acsm correctly.

1. End user receives an email with a .acsm license file attached.
  2. They must navigate to the Google Play Store App.
  3. Search for the “Adobe Digital Editions” app and install it.
  4. Navigate to their email message and download the attached .acsm file to their downloads folder.
  5. Open their “My Files” app.
  6. Select “Recent Files”. (The license file should be at the top of the list)
  7. Select the .acsm file by pressing and holding it. (There should now be a checkmark to the left of the file)
  8. In the top right of the menu select the three vertical dots or menu options indicator.
  9. Select “Add Shortcut”.
  10. Select “Home Screen”.
  11. Navigate to the Home Screen and select the shortcut that was created. (License file will open in Adobe Digital Editions)
  12. On the first time through this routine the user will need to enter their Adobe ID and Password.
  13. Now a link is visible in the Adobe Digital Editions app for the document in question.
  14. The user may now go back and delete both the downloaded file and the shortcut.

This worked for me on March 6th 2019.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the option to 'create shortcut' in the 3 dots menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to hold down to select the file, then press Menu in the bottom right of the screen. In there, the bottom option was to create a shortcut on the home screen. Apart from this (step 8), tysonpdc's worked perfectly for me today on Android 6.0.

I appeciate the guide!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell, there's no such option for the Google Pixel 3a. Why the hell is it so hard to open a freaking ebook in Adobe Digital Editions!? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem any solutions for this ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the answer to this on my Motorola, you have to move the file from your downloads to somewhere in your internal storage and then you'll be able to open it perfectly in ADE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me when nothing else did! Move the acsm from downloads to Digital Editions/acsm on internal storage (LG G8xThinQ)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe digital editions can't be installed on modern android devices, only those with an older operating system. How do these instructions help then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Neither of my android devices (both on Android 13) are able to download the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried downloading ADE from the Google Play Store app installed on my phone and was informed "this app isn't available for your device because it was made for an older version of Android". What did work was to use my phone's browser to search for Adobe Digital Editions; I went to the Adobe site, was directed to Google Play, and downloaded successfully from there (where I was informed, "This app is available for your device"). This didn't seem to me to make sense but perhaps the Google Play app and website aren't in sync. At any rate, this procedure worked for me.

I then found that the advice from Tiffany24986398wbcm was crucial on my Samsung Galaxy S9+: "Move the acsm from downloads to Digital Editions/acsm on internal storage".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After much searching... this helped greatly. Thank you Alexander!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines