• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the vendor account you entered is not associated with the item you are trying to open

New Here ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open my bought eBooks in Digital Editions on a new laptop, both authorised with my Adobe ID. Now I can't read the eBooks on the new laptop due to the following error on authorisation:

the vendor account you entered is not associated with the item you are trying to open

I tried to the Adobe online chat, who said to post here. I tried their Twitter account @jaswest who also said to post here.

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same problem. On line chat is pathetic. They cause a problem and they walk away from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Error :"the vendor account is not associated with the item I am trying to open" comes when you are trying to open a book but current ADE authorization is different from the ADE authorization that was used at the time of book download.

Solution:

1. Click on the book.

2. You will get a prompt "Computer Authorization needed"

3. Click on "Continue"

4.Enter the credentials that was used at the time of book download.

5. Click Authorize.

Now you should be able to open your existing books

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Enter the credentials that was used at the time of book download.5. Click Authorize."...

I paid for and downloaded the book over a year ago from Kobo. I used the same password (the same as my Adobe password) and it does not work. I reinstalled (and deleted Adobe>adept from the registry). Still doesn't work. I cannot download it from Kobo since it says it is registered to "another name" (probably an old password on my old computer?). I REALLY need to be able to use this book that I paid good money for in order to to quote some passages for a museum installation. Now thanks to some convoluted Adobe vendor ID protocol, I cannot use this book and have wasted all afternoon trying to figure out how to find these passages in my book. 

...updated a day later...I did eventually find and downloaded the Kobo for desktop app/program which worked. However I cannot copy and paste passages. I need to do a screen grab from the Kobo page and then use OCR software, and then edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I also have 2 adobe IDs - one is for this type of authorization.  Neither work.  I even tried the old password I had.  Please help as the books I purchased were NOT cheap and I need to be able to access them.

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a book before getting and Adobe ID. Now that I have one, I can't have access to the book. This is crazy. I paid for the book! Please, help! I get this message. "the vendor account you entered is not associated with the item you are trying to open". I can't "Enter the credentials that was used at the time of book download." because I did not have one at that time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work. I have the same error message appearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have changed the password and I cannot use my previous credentials

What can I do?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This method is not working ma'am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also encountering the same issue. I even contacted Kobo for it and they are more helpful than Adobe. They instructed me to install version 3.0 as version 4.0 has some issues, however, I still keep on receiving the same message. This is so frustrating. Eventually, they asked me to create a new Adobe ID. Now I am asking Adobe if they could delete my account, but they directed my here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error :"the vendor account is not associated with the item I am trying to open" comes when you are trying to open a book but current ADE authorization is different from the ADE authorization that was used at the time of book download.

Solution:

1. Click on the book.

2. You will get a prompt "Computer Authorization needed"

3. Click on "Continue"

4.Enter the credentials that was used at the time of book download.

5. Click Authorize.

Now you should be able to open your existing books

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and we wonder why Kindle still leads the market.  So simple to download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution does not work as I did not have an adobe ID when I initially exported the file from kobo. it is only after I logged out of the university account I was using on a shared computer, then log back on and try and open the file, that it asks me for this. please help I have to write a paper on the book and the copy I downloaded has many highlighted sections and notes that I made that I need to access!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, and what do you thing I tried doing? This does not work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Credentials at the time of the book download?? Are we supposed to guess what password we used however long ago that book was downloaded?  I have been trying to get my books to open for a week and so many people have the same issues with NO ANSWERS THAT WORK!  I have tried everything I can find on here.  I'm about ready to find an ebook reader that doesn't need ADE to work.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue also for me, quite frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except that this "solution" does not work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have the same problem, bought the book from "butcher.de" and now after 3 years I can't open it. That time I can't remember having has any Digital Editions ID and if then it would have been with my same e-mail address as it didn't change since then. Neither the seller nor Adobe feel responsible 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture1.JPG

Same thing is happening, and the Adobe ID is  Authorized on computer. NEED HELP ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try typing epub DRM removal software into Google - why should you suffer financially just because Adobe refuse to support their software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased 2 books store on my laptop. i tried to open the books i purchased on my other device iPhone 6, it need my authorization, i entered with my Adobe ID, it come out with "The vendor account you entered is not associated with the item you are trying to open. Try again". Then i guessed something wrong with the books i purchased. i deleted the books from my ADE, tried to download again from my vendor (AICPA bookstore), the message "Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER". Thereafter i recovered the files from my recycle bin to ADE folder and tried to read the books, the message "The vendor account you entered is not associated with the item you are trying to open. Try again".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also cannot open any google play books purchased by me. Keep getting the same error message account not associated with book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Help: Erase Authorization

Help: Authorize [using Adobe ID]

Select Book(s): Remove from Library

Re-add book(s)

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did everything that all of the other messages suggested, i chatted with Kobo, i asked for the book again as i had paid for it, they gave it me without a blink of an eye, very nice.  Still did not work, they told  me to contact Adobe.  Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

Did you ever get a solution to this. 5 years later and i happen to have the exact same deal. Any help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines