Highlighted

This book has been returned. Loan not on record

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Adobe Dig Ed on a Windows XP computer for years with no problems.  I recently switched over to Windows 8.1, and reinstalled Adobe DE, and went through the authorization step for the computer.  Then I downloaded two books from the library, and read them with no problems.  However, the next time I tried I ran into problems.  I am able to download the books to Adobe DE.  I can open the books in Adobe DE (but it would be tough to read in ADE on the computer, because of no formating). I can copy the books to my nook, the same way I always have, and they show up in my nook.  But when I try to open in Nook, I get "Error dialog - This book has been returned.  Loan not on record".

I turned off Virus protection and tried again, with same results.

Any help?

This is a problem with older Noons and vers 4 of ADE.  Need to uninstall ADE4.x and go back to version 3 of ADE.  Then you probably need to de-authorize vers 3 of ADE, get out of ADE, and then get back in, and re-authorize.  Then it will work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

This book has been returned. Loan not on record

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Adobe Dig Ed on a Windows XP computer for years with no problems.  I recently switched over to Windows 8.1, and reinstalled Adobe DE, and went through the authorization step for the computer.  Then I downloaded two books from the library, and read them with no problems.  However, the next time I tried I ran into problems.  I am able to download the books to Adobe DE.  I can open the books in Adobe DE (but it would be tough to read in ADE on the computer, because of no formating). I can copy the books to my nook, the same way I always have, and they show up in my nook.  But when I try to open in Nook, I get "Error dialog - This book has been returned.  Loan not on record".

I turned off Virus protection and tried again, with same results.

Any help?

This is a problem with older Noons and vers 4 of ADE.  Need to uninstall ADE4.x and go back to version 3 of ADE.  Then you probably need to de-authorize vers 3 of ADE, get out of ADE, and then get back in, and re-authorize.  Then it will work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 14, 2015 1
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2015 6
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You rock, this fixed my problem perfectly (NSTG, Win7 x64)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2015 0
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So happy! Thank you for the tip!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2015 0
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Worked great once I managed to deauthorize and then reauthorize the computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2015 0
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you! I had waited for weeks to get this book from library. I had it as a sample on my NookColor from BN, and possibly that was the issue I had,a s I was currently on the sample...BUT when I tried to get it for the 4.3 Adobe Editions, i kept getting that error. But knowing my Nook was old, i went ahead and followed your instructions. It worked like a charm, to be int eh older Adobe Editions. The interesting thing is the 4.3 Adobe has been working like a charm for months. So, I am not sure if it was the fact I was on the Sample BN book at the time of the download from library to Adobe to Nook..or if was just not going to work anymore, any way...But..thanks so much for telling me what to do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this fix and installed ADE 3.0. But now when I try to download the book from the library, I get this message:

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ACT_NOT_READY

Have you been able to continue downloading books since March?

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a different error too until I deauthorized the computer on ADE 3.0.  Had to look up instructions online as there's no tab option to deauthorize - after this everything works!! 

1. a) Open Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. b) On your keyboard, simultaneously press the Ctrl, Shift, and D buttons (if on Windows) or the Cmd, Shift, and D buttons (if on a Mac)
  3. c)Click the button that says Deauthorize Computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2017 3
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is correct. It's exactly what I did. (I was not able to click Correct

below the message.) Thank you to pinkhockey75 for adding the details.

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 1:11 AM, pinkhockey75 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the info. I was able to deauthorize in ADE 3 with your instructions:)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the info. It is so bizarre that just a few weeks ago, I had no problem with ADE 4.x but today had a problem with opening an ePub book.  Because of your detailed help, I'm now able to open it. Thank you so much!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm!!

- Uninstalled 4.0, Installed 3.0.

- De-authorized ADE, removed borrowed book from library (not returned, just remove!).

- Re-authorize ADE, re-add book (no need to download again, just add already downloaded file) and move it to Nook.

- Enjoy reading!

So happy!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2015 3
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been searching for hours on how to fix this problem and this finally fixed it (at least for now - hopefully it keeps up)! Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2015 1
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to say THANK YOU!.  I had the same problem and it was making me crazy.  I downloaded ADE 3.0 and can now open my library downloads in my Nook.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2015 0
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I can't wait until there is competition for ADE- what a mess.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem for a long time. For a while I could open books from one library system but not another. Now, I get that error message on both systems. So I uninstalled ADE 4.0 and just installed 3.0. But in 3.0 there's no option to deauthorize. And when I try to download the book, I now get this error message: 

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ACT_NOT_READY

I realize it's now 2 years after you posted this answer, and maybe ADE 3 is just too old now. But I see someone had success in March this year. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2017 0