Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too many activations

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to activate my adobe ID on my new phone so that I can read e-books from my library. I get the error:

"Could not activate device

Your account has exceeded the maximum number of activations allowed"

I have already activated two other devices, but I should be able to use up to 6 (Adobe Digital Editions | FAQ).

Apparently I need to contact support to get my activations reset (E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS error in Adobe Digital Editions ), and my attempts to do so led me to these forums.

Is someone able to help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been seeking assistance for the same issue the last 3 weeks by posting on this forum and even reached out to an Adobe employee that assisted people w/ activation reset in this forum in the past, yet no response.  It seems to me like this forum is abandoned since I haven't seen any Adobe employee responding to new posts recently, and sadly, it's the only gateway Adobe provides customer service for this product.  It's quite frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been a few years since I did this, but an online chat session with a Tech Support Officer help me. They just deauthorised the logins I wasn't using which opened up slots for new devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rajan.  Do you happen to remember how to get to chat with a Tech Support Officer?  Like I've mentioned above, I have also reached out to one of Adobe employees responding to threads on this forum regarding this but haven't heard back from him yet for 2-3 weeks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The support portal offered it as an option, but it now just gives this community forum as the only option. Which is unfair seeing they still make money off Digital Editions via the click charge - each eBook download using an ACSM costs the merchant a fee. I'm sorry I can't help further!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem andit is so frustrating! All I need is to have a reset on the activation limit but it appears it cannot be done. So now I cannot download from the Cloud Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem          

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have the same problem!!!

Are you waiting for an answer since 2018????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, has anyone got anywhere with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines