• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring ebooks from public library to Tolino reader using own computer

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use my laptop computer to borrow ebooks from our public library. After I selected one book and it borrowed, I can download a link URLLink.acsm. Doing a double-click, Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.10.186048 opens and fullfils the book. After that I send the ebook to ebook-reader Tolino Epos, which is connected by usb cable to the laptop.

After disconnecting the ebook reader, I can open the book and start reading it. Suddenly, the reader updates himself and shows error message (short form) "Book protected by DRM. Enter Adobe ID." 

The activated Adobe ID is already transferred to tolino and it is the right one. The key values are the same as given to laptop.

From this point it is not possible to open any borrowed book. The only thing that helps ist to reset the ebook reader to delivery status, remove all settings, all books and begin from scratch. 

I have to do this frequently - every other day. 

My old ebook reader, a Kobo Aura, didn't even think about such a strange behavior. It never ever occurred while using Kobo.

How can I get to a permanent Adobe ID for the ebook reader? 

What is to be done to get permanent access to borrowed books, as long as the loan period is valid?

TOPICS
ACSM files , ADE authorization , DRM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I have a similar(ish) problem with transfer to my Kobo Clara HD from my Windows 10 laptop.  I can read the downloaded ebook from a public library on my laptop, never any problem.  I have the exact same Adobe ID authorising the laptop and the Kobo ereader (ADE itself tells me each authorisation and I have checked every character in each authorisation: identical).  I can even open the book (after an apparent transfer) from the ereader drive showing in the library (i.e. connected to the laptop) - but maybe this is just picking up the book from the laptop's copy.  But after an apparent transfer and disconnecting the laptop the ereader does an abrupt "importing..) and then goes blank.  The ebook is listed on the Kobo but is entirely black and when I try to open it the message is that the ereader is not authorised to be opened because I deauthorised it (when in fact I authorised it successfully according to the relevant messages).  In the past I've been through the reset and start from scratch (including my laptop in the process) and I'm not doing that again.  It's a complete stand-off. I've done what I'm supposed to do and one part of ADE says I have done so correctly and another that I haven't (though its reason is directly contradicted by looking at the authorisation information).  I've no problem in transferring public library books from laptop to ereader in Overdrive.  Any ideas please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines