• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to download ebook to Digital Editions but its going to Acrobat Reader DC.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Kobo for years now and every single time there is an update by Adobe I waste a hell of a lot time trying to make Digital Editions work again.

This time around - I download the ebook and instead of going to Digital Editions , Acrobat Reader DC opens and I get the following message

Of course it won't open - damn it!!!   I can't see how I can get it to open and load into Digital Editions.

Any ideas - anyone?!

I thinking very bad thoughts about Adobe right now!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

It sounds like your "association" of .acsm files with ADE has been lost.  In windows 7 Click Start then Default Programs then Associate a file type or protocol with a program.  select acsm and change the default program to ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Digital Edition.
Go to File > Add to Library and choose the eBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried Nanaky - but I can't download into Digital Edition directly from the website. 

I would have to download from the internet and it won't let me it because it is a .acsm file

So this is no help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your "association" of .acsm files with ADE has been lost.  In windows 7 Click Start then Default Programs then Associate a file type or protocol with a program.  select acsm and change the default program to ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  So I did what you said and changed the default to ADE.  so then I go to download the book and it tells me Error check activation.  What now???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't figure out how to do those instructions for Window 10.  Is there a secret?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines