• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to re-authorize but no option to de-authorize ADE

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through the forums looking for the Error! Check Activation message but I didn't find anything that answered my specific situation.

I had to uninstall the newest ADE and reinstall version 3.0 since the newer versions don't support my NOOK Touch Simple.  When I open ADE, I see the Authorize Computer button is greyed out.  The Authorization button tells me that I am already authorized.  There is no option to de-authorize.  But whenever I try to download an eBook, I still get the Error! Check Activation message.

I tried a chat with Customer Service--they told me that the email address I have is not registered with them, that they do not do ADE Tech support over chat, and that I should try here.

Thank you,

Helen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Windows:

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Co

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

1. quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
  3. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried editing the registry. Got as far as number 6 on your instructions. After selecting Adept key, no File>Export came up. The only choices are activation or device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you remove the Folder Adept complete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nanaky,

I have the same problem, except for de-authorizing.  Just authorizing the computer for the first time.

I followed your instructions in the registry.

Should the Folder Adept be deleted?  I have deleted it, and tried to authorize my computer again.

Still does not work.  Gives same error:  Digital Editions could not connect to the activation server.  Please make sure you are connected to the internet.

Kind regards,

Jeanette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

registry error not help if you have a connection error. Check your Firewall if blocked anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled the firewall and tried again.  Still gives same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uninstalled Digital Editions 4.0.3 and downloaded Digital Editions 4.5.  Once the installation was completed, i followed the same procedure for authorizing the computer, with no problems.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I misunderstood the directions. Went back and tried again with the delete of 'adept'. All is working. Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I figured out to right click to export, all was ok. Everything works now. Thanks. Helen Morgan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will not work for me.  Been there.  Done that.  My computer crashed three weeks ago. Could not resurrect it so I had to have a new hard drive.  All I want to do it reload the ADE program on the new hard drive so I can read on my Kobo, but I have to de-activate the program on my old computer first but HOW?!  I can't get in to a dead system!  I am up to about ten hours of trying!!   I was on with Kobo for over an hour and they were the ones who identified that my problem was probably because the program has not been de-activated.  Just spent two hours with someone who works with supported Adobe programs to no avail. ADE is not his area of expertise so he finally told me to come here to forums for help but I find no help.  It is impossible to de-active anything on my old computer so where do I go from here?  I can download it and install it but every time it comes up with a black screen that says loading library.  It runs for hours and hours and does nothing.  There is no way to stop that screen and the program will not open otherwise either.  I even tried shutting down the computer and the 'loading library' screen is still there.  The only way to get rid of that screen is to uninstall ADE.  I guess I have tried 8 or 10 times but always with the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,
2) Choose Start > Run … In which application ? / Which application is meant here ?
3) In the Open text box … same question / In which application ? / Which application is meant here ?

Cheers

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines