Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to authorize ADE with google vendor id

Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to authorize my PC with Adobe Digital Editions using 'Google' as my ebook vendor. Authorization keeps failing with the error message.

"Incorrect login ID or password for the selected eBook vendor. Please try again"

I know my login details are correct. I have tried omitting the @gmail.com with no luck. I want to be able to import my google play books collection into Adobe Digital Editions.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mekoor

TOPICS
ADE authorization , Deauthorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, can somebody help us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 25, 2012 Dec 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP. Same problem here. In ADE I can't authorize my pc with google.  Google login and password are correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with trying to Authorise an Adobe Vendor id. It took three changes of password to make it work - there seems to be a lag between creating the Adobe id and for it to be available to use to Authorise Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem too.  I have been unable to authorize my computer using Google as the vendor.  It should be noted that I was attempting to access a book using an acsm file, since that's the way it was downloaded from my university's library.

I really didn't want to be forced to create yet another ID (for Adobe that is), but I had to in order to even reply in this post!

Regardless, I still want to use Google to authorize my PC.  So please help us with this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The google docs on authorization of ADE for Google Play books is rather confusing,

but it looks as if you need the Adobe ID not the Google ID.

Try it and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second the reply from sjpt.  I purchased a book from Google Play, downloaded the .ASCM file, then tried to open it in Adobe Digital Editions using my Google id (as requested by ADE) with no luck.  Finally, after reading this thread, I obtained an Adobe ID, entered it, and everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that works for me too. Thanks patrickd314 & sjpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, right! Even if a book is bought on Google, you need to use Adobe as book vendor, enter your Adobe ID and password - and everything will work nicely!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! It works for me, thank youu!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also have to have a weak-ish password. I wasn't able to authenticate with a 16 character password, including non-alphabetic symbols. The ADE application did accept an 8 character alphanumeric password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! After changed password to only letters and digits I could authorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did as you suggested, the only problem is Adobe said I didn't buy the book, but google said I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! What I did was first creating an Adobe account with my google account, and then adding a password to the adobe account at https://account.adobe.com. I then signed in to ADE with this password and my gmail address as theAdobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Necroposting this, because it's still here and still unbelievably rubbish.

Let's just clarify what I'm trying to do. I bought a few ebooks from google, selected download as epub. I get an acsm file. -1 points to google because i did not say 'give me something that requires me to set up an account with a company that really could not produce worse products if it tried.'

So I google acsm and I find out I need adobe digital editions. I hope against hope this will not be the same experience I have had with every other adobe product where they are slow, difficult to use, crash and are apparently incapable of performing an operation without asking you twenty times for an update despite you having already ticked the 'why are you still asking me this? i told you to go away back in 2008' box.

I get the software... ah I need to authorize something.. select ebook vendor.. right ok that'd be google. Vendor id and password? Yeesssss clearly it would be too obvious to put single use keys in the acsm files or something but whatever, lets get this done. Incorrect login id or password. Really?

I go to google and login. Yep, my credentials are right. But this is once more, too obvious. This thread suggests maybe I had better use an adobe id. Because that would make sense right, having asked me to specify the ebook vendor, then having a field directly after it saying vendor id and password should absolutely relate to someone who is not the vendor. Usability testing? pfft who needs that, pub o clock. Ok, lets get an adobe id. I do that (after of course googling it to find out how). And yet, still it does not work with either set of credentials.

This product is terrible.

Edit : To get it to work I closed adobe digital editions, then double clicked one of the acsm files. I was prompted again to enter a vendor login id or password, with the vendor dropdown showing as blank (again, top testing work there adobe). It stalled, hanging around in that way that many other adobe products do just before they are about to crash, when I noticed another window flashing on the taskbar. It's the authorisation popup again, except this time its got adobe id selected in the dropdown. I enter my adobe id and then it says 'Fulfilling <myebook>', then the application goes unresponsive after that popup disappears.

I then only have to force stop the application once more until it gets to the point of actually being able to open an ebook.

It's nearly as bad as itunes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked great for me ... after lots of ADE re-installs, various versions, erase authorize, etc etc. This method WORKED!  

I had earlier phoned google support. They tried very hard to help me, on the phone for ages, even sent me an email with contact details for Adobe support.

I was so impressed that I replied to google support with a link to this post, and a quote from your edit.

Thanks again  ... there's nothing worse than paying top dollar for an ebook and then not be able to read it on a device of my choice. So thanks for being persisten! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally.  FINALLY.  Could that have been any more painful?

Now that I have the books moved from Google to Adobe... lets see if I can get them loaded on the Kobo I just dropped almost $200 on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2016 Mar 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Chris for relaying a solution and for expressing my exact reaction to the marvelous experience re: Google Books with ADE.  There's pure genius at work here.  But then, they've only had about three years to fix this.

Now, if I can only find a way to read my purchased, downloaded book on a $2000 laptop/tablet convertible that doesn't feel so much like DOS....  Any ideas for getting me out of Adobeworld??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an Adobe more to like/upvote this guy than to actually see if this would work. Between Google Books refusing to open in their own browser and searching their help forums to find out the bug has existed for over two years and then being dicked around to have to deal with Adobe, I've about had it with how many steps I have to go through just to access something I've already paid for. I could have gotten the book in a readable format I could save to any device for free from countless illegal sources, but I guess this is what I get for actually playing by the rules.

In any case, this guy's post was actually the highlight of the experience, so +1 to him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We still languishing in the same problem after what 3 years of your post. The only difference being, you can not login at the Adobe Digital Editions with the adobe account for items purchased from Google...even worse!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry but none of this solutions work for me yet! what can I do ?! I need the ebook for my thesis!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which error message you get exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after entering my Adobe ID and password it says:" the vendor account you entered is not associated with the items you are trying to open"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines