Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to authorize ADE with google vendor id

Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to authorize my PC with Adobe Digital Editions using 'Google' as my ebook vendor. Authorization keeps failing with the error message.

"Incorrect login ID or password for the selected eBook vendor. Please try again"

I know my login details are correct. I have tried omitting the @gmail.com with no luck. I want to be able to import my google play books collection into Adobe Digital Editions.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mekoor

TOPICS
ADE authorization , Deauthorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is insane! Six years! It still doesn't work! Adobe is the the company with the worst attitude to customers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using ADE 4.5.9 on Windows 10, IE 11 and I had the same messages.

In the ADE FAQ I find this restriction:

Adobe Digital Editions | FAQ

Content Portability

Why do I need to activate my computer with my Adobe ID?

Some digital publications that you purchase online or check out from a library may contain digital rights management (DRM) protection that restricts the items from being shared with others. Digital Editions helps ensure that your eBooks and other digital publications are not "locked" on one computer. They are assigned to you through an ID, and can be viewed on any compatible device you own that you activate with that ID.

What are the requirements to get an Adobe ID?

An Adobe ID is a free and a nonintrusive way of identifying users. You need only provide a name, country, and e-mail address. You can create your Adobe ID when prompted within Adobe Digital Editions, or go directly to the Adobe.com, select "My Adobe" in the top-right corner, then click on “My Adobe ID” and follow the instructions for creating an Adobe ID.

Regards,

MM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those still with this issue.

check to see if you have any two factor authentication turned on. It will need to be disabled in order to authorize.

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh you're gonna like this, users of the Nook, Glowlight. Took me a little over an hour... but after exhaustive research that lead to nowhere, other than to the place where Adobe doesn't have my device (from 2014, and recently updated) listed as compatible, setting up an account with Adobe (ish) and Barnes and noble (wow was that, also a headache, and I'm not ever going to remember the password, so every time it asks again I'm going to have to make a new one because of silly restrictions on passwords) I have finally bested this. I have had to reset the second-hand device, as I was just using it as is with whatever account and books were on it while adding files merrilly willy nilly... Now it has been "authorised" by barnes and noble and adobe, still doesn't work, for copying files with adobe's buggy bloated silly program, but I can now download files I have purchased with the silly adobe program, close the program, (though it likely runs in the background of my computer, spying on me) and copy the proper ebub ebook reader file onto not the expected "digital editions by adobe" folder, but the "my files\books" spot, on my nook, and I'm reading it. HAPPY DAY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 2020 and I am having the same issue. My Adobe ID and Google ID are the same (my email) and neither password works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, I solved this by creating an Adobe Id (what you've already done, I assume) using the same Gmail address.

After this I used this Adobe ID to authorize my computer and: BOOM, it downloaded the book.

(Sometimes it's quite silly, how things work in this "new world")

Cheers Jimmy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well. I couldn't authorize the computer with my google account. I created an Adobe ID with the same email address and then the books I download loaded into ADE just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, tried all aproaches described here. nothing. as withe the last solution - register an adobe id with the same adress - I Managed to authorize ade, but my boot wouldn't open and required additional authorization, witch only gave adobe id as choice. if i erased authorization alltogether an tried my google account, it failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, also in 2022 this seems to be an issue.

Sarah27758627jjdb_0-1672499169588.png

"User-ID or password for the selected eBook vendor is incorrect. Try again."

Great, I tried all the suggested solutions in this thread including:

- authorize with google ID

- creating Adobe ID and authorizing with this Adobe ID

- resetting password to "weak one" 8 digits only characters and numbers

- resetting password to up to date +8 digits, characters, numbers and an exclamation mark

- resetting password for a couple of times just for the fun of it...)

- deinstalling ADE multiple times, clean with deleting all registry entries, files etc.

- tried to just open up ACSM files, downloaded from google books and then enter Adobe ID and/or google ID

not one single thing has worked...

HOWEVER, when I authorize with another Adobe ID it works. But that is the one from my partner, who of course does not own my books in my google library.

BUT, even that fix does not work fine all the time, sometimes I need to close ADE multiple times before I can re-authorize ADE with the adobe ID from my partner.

So it is 2022, almost 10 years ago this problem kept coming up. Why is this still a problem in the 1st place? eBooks have been around now for some considerable time for f's sake. Pardon my french, but I just spend an entire day of my holidays trying to get this to work.

I am sorry to say it like this but honestly, I never experienced such a crappy piece of software and it is the only option for a lot of eBook Vendors, imagine that!

The only option left would be to clean wipe PC and retry but arguably this must not be the solution.

So, any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1) Log in to the web version https://account.adobe.com

2) Click on the icon at the top right a drop down menu will appear, select Manage Account.

3) Click Manage Social Signin.

4) At the bottom click on Google Dissconnect... At this point it panics and says you don't have an Adobe password then it has a button for you to click on to set one up.  Now you  have an Adobe password!!!

5) Use your gmail address as your user name and the Adobe password as the password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines