• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to authorize my reader with ADE -- E_ID_ADEPT_ACCOUNTINFO_CONNEXION_EXCEPTION

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be unable to register any new reader app with the ADE service. The authorization systematically fails.

I have tried linking 3 different readers (Mantano reader on Android, Pocketbook reader on Android, Kobo Clara HD). One of them (Mantano) returned this more verbose error message :

E_ID_ADEPT_ACCOUNTINFO_CONNEXION_EXCEPTION http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/GetCredentialList Readbooks http://decommissioned.adobe.com/decommissioned

I can access the books I bought using previously registered software. I can even borrow books from my library. I just cannot register any new Android or Kobo readers. I tried to log in directly to https://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/en/JoinAccountLoginForm.jsp and it returned an "Unexpected error".

I am 100% sure that I am using the correct email address and password, since I can connect to the Adobe portal using that same email address and password and my old Windows version of Adobe Digital Editions for Windows can confirm that my AdobeID is set as the default UUID for that email address. I also tried to reset my password and log in again from my ebook software, to no avail.

I also happen to have an older ReadBooks account associated to ADE, which appears to now be decommissioned. Based on the error message, it looks like ADE is choking on the decommissioned service ReadBooks even though I am login on with by Adobe ID. Both UUIDS are bound to the same email address. I have never used any other email addresses with Adobe or any other ebook providers.

The Adove help desk person told me "under your account there is no active subscription". How come I can access my books in ADE if I don't have any active subscriptions? Is it possible that my ADE login was deleted because ReadBooks was decommissioned? How can I make sure to have an active subscription? How can I keep owning the books I bought once I throw away my old hardware and try to register?

I can provide you with either my AdobeID or Readbook UUID. I just don't think that a public forum is the place to do so.

This doesn't seem like an issue that I can solve on my own, and the Adobe people I was able to talk to are not technical enough to to help me with this issue.

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oddly so, I changed my password to remove any non-alphanumeric characters and I was able to register with Mantano Reader.  I am still having issues with Pocketbook Reader, which keeps returning E_ID_ADEPT_ACCOUNTINFO_CONNEXION_EXCEPTION.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines