• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to erase authorization (have MAC)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to troubleshoot an error of :

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ACT_NOT_READY

According to other feedback you need to erase authorization and then redo it to get this error to go away.  My issue is that when the window opens for (command-shift-D  and it has my Authorized user correct, and asks for password.  I input my Adobe password and says it is the incorrect password.  I have gone onto the main Adobe site and changed my password; reloaded Adobe digitial editions; restarted computer...

Still get the same error when I try and download a book.  Any ideas?

Even tried to do command-shift-u  which is supposed to open the authorization window, this does not work.

TOPICS
Nook

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

I've figured it out!

In Finder, find the Go option on the menu bar and click Go to folder.

Type (exactly):

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions/

Delete the activation.dat file in the Digital Editions folder.

Then open ADE again and re-authorize. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue... My books are showing up on the Nook  but are unable to fully open. I am prompted for an Adobe log in even though I have already authorized my Nook with my log in credentials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, have decided to hope for guidance from some on the forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figured it out!

In Finder, find the Go option on the menu bar and click Go to folder.

Type (exactly):

Delete the activation.dat file in the Digital Editions folder.

Then open ADE again and re-authorize. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!  It worked for me too.  Good problem solving!  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation.dat file does not exist, what else can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to install latest ADE version (4.5) to create the ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions/ directory, then delete ALL *.dat files. Then restarted and was not authorized anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried and tried, but I cannot find it in my finder even after having downloaded the newest version. It's years later. Is there an updated version to do this on a mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. I have called Adobe Help because the Help Chat also doesn't help. The Customer Service person also can't help, other than escalating this issue. I hope the Adobe Digital Editions will actually help by providing instructions for the lastest Macs, including iMacs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! This worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me 2. thanks heaps!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried ALL the above, and nothing works...I cannot access a new text book purchased ....soooo frustrating, clearly something wrong with this program....pse help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find any .at files at all...??? Anyone any other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

soooo frustranting too!    I cannot access a new text book purchased 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had  a corrupted ADE file.  My elibrary account was no longer functional; I couldn't "erase" and "re authorize" because the file no longer had my ID but an unknown ID--my "adobe ID" had changed to my library number + cloud library.  The login requested was "vendor ID and password."   Since it was damaged in that way, any login was impossible.  I have a MAC and went to Apple.  The "Genius" went into my hard drive Library and deleted the damaged adobe document.  She said "a user could not do this because it was a technologically advanced software action."  We then reloaded ADE and everything is now working again.  This could NOT be accomplished by merely "erasing or trashing" the damaged program.  (I called Apple and the tech (as well as many others!) tried these actions and couldn't fix the issue on the phone).  If you have a MAC, make a Genius Bar appointment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your notes. So VERY annoying. Especially that Adobe doesn't offer support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. Worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...I'm been searching for that information for 3 days.  Finally worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on Android.. What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE A LIFESAVER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG thank you!  I was trying the finder option but going in the wrong place.  After over a month of trying on and off!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to add that this totally worked for me - going to Finder - Go to Folder - and searching for that exact file. I did have a very old version of Adobe Editions (1.7) so I removed that - then downloaded the most recent (4.7) for my MAC system and then searched for the file. I deleted - opened Adobe Editions -- and opened my downloaded library books. This works for the License issue, but I was also getting the "error 2308" issue. That's when I decided to remove the outdated version, download the newer and try the authorization issue. Hope this helps someone if they are getting the "error 2308" issue. Just remove the program if it's outdated, download the most recent - find the authorization dat file - delete it - then reauthorize. Worked like a charm! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines