Highlighted

Unable to erase authorization (have MAC)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to troubleshoot an error of :

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ACT_NOT_READY

According to other feedback you need to erase authorization and then redo it to get this error to go away.  My issue is that when the window opens for (command-shift-D  and it has my Authorized user correct, and asks for password.  I input my Adobe password and says it is the incorrect password.  I have gone onto the main Adobe site and changed my password; reloaded Adobe digitial editions; restarted computer...

Still get the same error when I try and download a book.  Any ideas?

Even tried to do command-shift-u  which is supposed to open the authorization window, this does not work.

I've figured it out!

In Finder, find the Go option on the menu bar and click Go to folder.

Type (exactly):

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions/

Delete the activation.dat file in the Digital Editions folder.

Then open ADE again and re-authorize. Hope this helps!

TOPICS
Nook

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to erase authorization (have MAC)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to troubleshoot an error of :

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ACT_NOT_READY

According to other feedback you need to erase authorization and then redo it to get this error to go away.  My issue is that when the window opens for (command-shift-D  and it has my Authorized user correct, and asks for password.  I input my Adobe password and says it is the incorrect password.  I have gone onto the main Adobe site and changed my password; reloaded Adobe digitial editions; restarted computer...

Still get the same error when I try and download a book.  Any ideas?

Even tried to do command-shift-u  which is supposed to open the authorization window, this does not work.

I've figured it out!

Type (exactly):

TOPICS
Nook

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 21, 2017 1
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue... My books are showing up on the Nook  but are unable to fully open. I am prompted for an Adobe log in even though I have already authorized my Nook with my log in credentials.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, have decided to hope for guidance from some on the forum!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figured it out!

Type (exactly):

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2017 9
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!  It worked for me too.  Good problem solving!  Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2017 0
New Here ,
May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation.dat file does not exist, what else can I do?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2017 1
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to install latest ADE version (4.5) to create the ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions/ directory, then delete ALL *.dat files. Then restarted and was not authorized anymore.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! This worked!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me 2. thanks heaps!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried ALL the above, and nothing works...I cannot access a new text book purchased ....soooo frustrating, clearly something wrong with this program....pse help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2017 2
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find any .at files at all...??? Anyone any other solutions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2017 1
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had  a corrupted ADE file.  My elibrary account was no longer functional; I couldn't "erase" and "re authorize" because the file no longer had my ID but an unknown ID--my "adobe ID" had changed to my library number + cloud library.  The login requested was "vendor ID and password."   Since it was damaged in that way, any login was impossible.  I have a MAC and went to Apple.  The "Genius" went into my hard drive Library and deleted the damaged adobe document.  She said "a user could not do this because it was a technologically advanced software action."  We then reloaded ADE and everything is now working again.  This could NOT be accomplished by merely "erasing or trashing" the damaged program.  (I called Apple and the tech (as well as many others!) tried these actions and couldn't fix the issue on the phone).  If you have a MAC, make a Genius Bar appointment.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2018 1
Cath5E06 LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your notes. So VERY annoying. Especially that Adobe doesn't offer support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. Worked like a charm.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2017 0
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...I'm been searching for that information for 3 days.  Finally worked!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on Android.. What should I do?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE A LIFESAVER

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2018 0