Highlighted

Unable to Erase Authorization

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I am unable to Erase Authorization that is associated with an old email address that I no longer have access to.

I have tried the old password associated with that old email address and my current password with my account.  I keep getting an error message "Unable to erase authorization.  Please try after some time."  I have uninstalled the Adobe Digital Editions and reinstalled it".  Still have the same problem.  Means I can't download anything from the library into Adobe so not able to use my e-reader.

I see there have been other posts with this same issue and their question has been unanswered.  I would appreciate a response to help me with this issue.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to Erase Authorization

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I am unable to Erase Authorization that is associated with an old email address that I no longer have access to.

I have tried the old password associated with that old email address and my current password with my account.  I keep getting an error message "Unable to erase authorization.  Please try after some time."  I have uninstalled the Adobe Digital Editions and reinstalled it".  Still have the same problem.  Means I can't download anything from the library into Adobe so not able to use my e-reader.

I see there have been other posts with this same issue and their question has been unanswered.  I would appreciate a response to help me with this issue.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 20, 2019 1
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've got the same issue, I bought 1 week ago a new book. Because Adobe Database had been hacked few years ago I had to change of Email/password for my Adobe account and the result is I cannot delete computer Authorization anymore. 

Maybe the difference with you is that I still have access to my old email but as you said, my old email/Pwd is not functionning anymore to delete authorization.

Context : I'm using Windows 10 and ADE last version (4.5.10 at this time) on the computer that have the issue.

As you have done, I tried to desinstall ADE and reinstall it several time, but the issue is that there is an ID stored somewhere on the computer that keep Adobe ID available.

Please take into consideration that I succedeed on another (old) Windows 7 computer as I had the choice to say delete without the password, but I don't have the choice on my recent computer. I don't know why. Maybe this is a sligtly different ADE version.

So succedeed on an od computer,, I try to reinstall ADE version 3.0 but I still have the same issue as with last version

So if we summarize, Adobe has been hacked obliging me to change email/pwd and I cannot read anymore my ebooks. This would require real Adobe support, instead of looking for impossible solution all together.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

it suddenly functions after few days on my Windows 10 laptop and on my mobile phone (Android) and I don't know why.

For information, it still display my old mail adress on these 2 devices contrary to my old computer. The Adobe Id is most probably the same but with 2 different email.

Good luck,

Patrick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0