• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to erase computer authorisation in Adobe Digital Editions. My previous ID is unrecognised.

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lost the password to an Adobe account linked to an old email address which was the ID.

Digital editions won't allow me to de-authorise or re-authorise  with a new ID without this password. An hour with the Adobe chat-line failed to find a solution. Any ideas, please? I use a MacBook Pro, OS Mojave.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have the information to access your account, and Adobe support can't help, there is nothing anyone can do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Same thing happened to me. In finder, under the Go menu, go to ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions/ and delete the file <activation.dat>  (under Adobe >Digital Editions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I forgot to say, then start over with the ID and password set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shelley

Many thanks - it worked like a charm. Why couldn't Adobe simply simply make that clear from the start?

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because ADOBE does not want to help you. 

The only thing they say when you ask for help: go to the forum. 

It is a shame!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks extremely useful (I want to get rid of a redundant ID that is getting in the way) but I'm a novice.  What is the Go menu? and the "finder"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Mac or a PC? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a PC (laptop) with Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, okay. "Go" and "Finder" are Mac things. Pehaps you could do a search on your PC for that file name? Or this forum for the same thing. I have seen Windows people posting about that error here so I am sure you'lll find it. Good luck! Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying to my question and at least pointing me in a
helpful direction. Best wishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin,

Because they're terrible. The software is terrible, the support is terrible, if it's Adobe it's terrible. 

Word of advice: I don't know what version of ADE you're using (I had to downgrade to 2.0 to get it to work with my e-reader), but when I upgraded my Mac OS to Catalina, I had no choice but to "upgrade" to ADE 4.5.10 and that was officially the end of the road for me and my e-reader. So think twice before you update to 4.5.10 if you haven't yet -- it's THE WORST. (And my posts here, along with many many others complaining of the same problem, have gone unanswered.)

Best,

Shelley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is a shame that Adobe doesn't want to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Shelley - a very worthwhile warning.

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines